Water Reflections Artifacts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Confirmed. Vegetation also doesn't reflect. I'm using standard LE with GTX 970, current drivers.

post-368-0-80705000-1467872954_thumb.jpg

Vegetation is only reflected when water quality is set to "high" and then only shadow-casting vegetation will be reflected. The idea is that vegetation small enough to skip shadows probably would be a waste to render in the reflection pass.
  • Upvote 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Closed the other two topics on this. All my maps work fine. Please post a sample map that demonstrates the error and tell me what GPU it is occurring on.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thought this would be easy enough to reproduce, took me 5 minutes to set this all up. tongue.png

Anyways here is a link to a video I made demonstrating how to recreate the water reflection bug -

and here is a link to download the map I used in the video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iexvfor1bki658v/vegetationtestmap.map?dl=0

note: you will need your own vegetation objects.

edit: my gpu is a geforce gtx 960m

• Upvote 2

Thought this would be easy enough to reproduce, took me 5 minutes to set this all up. tongue.png

Anyways here is a link to a video I made demonstrating how to recreate the water reflection bug -

and here is a link to download the map I used in the video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iexvfor1bki658v/vegetationtestmap.map?dl=0

note: you will need your own vegetation objects.

edit: my gpu is a geforce gtx 960m

If everyone did great demonstrations like this Josh's life would probably be so much easier :P Shows you exactly what's causing the issue.