Improper input in Linux

bkornienko

Alright, since I am have quite a lot of issues with input by keyboard under Linux I guess I will put all the cases on this topic.

I hope developers will soon fix it.

Let's start.

1. Here is the topics ( http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/14752-user-interface-shortcuts/ , http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/14753-scene-editor-multiple-object-selection/ ) where I started to suggest for improvements. But since all kinds of this things does work properly under Windows I consider this issues on Linux as a bugs.

2. In a Scene editor selecting "General" for selected object. We have set of properties there (with inputs). What I expect that pressing the "Tab" key it should send me to next input box (instead on invisible control)(and I should press Tab key twice actually, what is not handy). So the order of Widgets should be corrected. Another thing there is, when I set some value and pressing "Enter" key, I expect to apply this value to the model (it is not happens).

3. Assets Tab. First of all. Scroll mouse wheel does not scroll this area with listed items.

3. Assets Tab. Search field. Inserting text in input box and pressing "Enter" key I expect to find what I entered. It is not happened. Instead, I have to press search Icon with mouse.

Sorry If I tough somewhere, but it is really basic things what would be nice to have.

P.S. System info:

LE: 4.1

Here is part of "uname -a" command:

Linux 3.19.0-64-generic #72~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux

An entire new UI is being written from scratch, to give us more control over it. Right now we are using GTK which has been difficult to work with. Hopefully we can resolve these small issues with the new UI.

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...