Newbie in Leadwerks

mentalthink

Hi, I just bought Leadwerks a week ago, and is really fun and easy to learn.

I try this week to do a code in C++, always I have the same problem... Leadwerks.h not found. (I'm using Linux Mint 18)

I'm a bit confuse just now I see a video of Leadwerks3 on the same Leadwerks do a codeblocks Project, this is in Leadwerks4 too?¿, beacuse I don't have nothing about CBlocks, I only have 3 files, main.cpp App.h and App.cpp

Thanks in advance and I hope show you some of my work here.

Regards,

mentalthink.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, but not is my fisrt lenguage, excuseme if something is wrote wrong or don't understand well.

If I'm correct (I don't use the C++ version just now) the C++ files produced work best in Visual Studio. I think there is a '.sln' (SOLUTION) file produced which I think you can just open and will compile and run to a bare project straight away. You might get it working other compilers but it may be tricky.

As I say...I'm personally not a C++ guy, I just saw no response yet and thought I'd tell you what I thought may be the case.

Ah...I see you're on Linux. Sorry, guess it must produce something Linux friendly too. I wouldn't know much about that sorry.

mdgunn thanks for your reply... Yes I saw in Windows appears the .sln solution for visual Studio, but like you said I'm using Linux, and I don't see the codeblocks file.

Really I'm not professional programmer but I understand C++ a bit, I don't have problems using LUA, but I think when is necessary more speed is better use C++, and I like use C++ joined with Lua.

Thanks for your reply, and I see you here!!!

Regards!!!

Mint is a skinned, tweaked, Ubuntu, but in the case of Mint 18, you will encounter the same issues as those running Ubuntu 16.04. Make sure you read the release notes for Ubuntu 16.04 to grasp a greater understanding about Linux Mint.

The distro path equals: Debian -> Ubuntu -> Mint

There is a lot of misinformation regarding GNU/Linux and how each distribution is constructed.

SpEcIeS

14.04 seems a bit old

Release Released End of life

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Apr-2016 Apr-2021

Ubuntu 15.10 Oct-2015 Dec-2015

Ubuntu 15.04 Apr-2015 Jun-2015

Ubuntu 14.10 Oct-2014 Dec-2014

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Apr-2014 Apr-2019

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Apr-2012 Apr-2017

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Apr-2010 Apr-2015

• Upvote 1

AV MX Linux

Hi Friends thanks for your reply, but I think I find the real problem... Just I go again to Steam and I see for if I want code in C++ I have to upgrade to Pro-version... Really I thought I had this version, but Steam said I have buy a 99E DLC for C++.

Really is a bit confusing, because when I bought from this web and linked to Steam I thought I'm buying the C++ version.

Sorry to all people for this confusion, I think for the next month I will do the update.