Putting a script on my player removes their shadow

I am making a platformer with lights that cast dynamic shadows and when I put a script on the player model it no longer cast shadows.

I tried with my custom script and the packaged "SimpleAnimation.LUA" when I attach it the shadows are no longer being made. I check the the model and light are both set to dynamic

no script

post-17593-0-92072900-1470649623_thumb.jpg

with "SimpleAnimation.LUA"

post-17593-0-87644200-1470649633_thumb.jpg

I tried some troubleshooting by updating my GPU drivers, activating beta, scaling the model, and using the crawler monster none of it worked. The only thing that happened was I was able to get a shadow from one spot light, but the shadow went away when I added a player controller script. my player character and the pre-packaged crawler is not casting shadows while playing animations.

post-17593-0-49567400-1470704990_thumb.jpg

Very strange.

I had a look at your map could find nothing obvious

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crfk1d2t69h2v03/20160809211407_1.jpg?dl=0

The Crawler in the middle is yours ( has no shadow). The one to the right is a new crawler placed in the scene (he works fine). The one to the left is a copy (ctrl + left click and drag) of yours, yet it works fine.

Only other thing was that your project crash a couple of times with a windows exception violation error.

In the crawler's appearance tab change the view range to near, medium or far.

That actually works, so this has to be a bug.

It only applies to point and spot lights, not directional.

• Upvote 1

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

• 3 weeks later...

Since no file is provided I cannot investigate this. I tried creating the problem in the editor and everything worked fine.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.