In editor drawline

AggrorJorn

I really would like to see a simple a drawline function for the editor. Back with Le2 you could do this by making a connection. I am not talking about linking objects (as demonstrated in the video), but purely drawing a line between two 3d vectors while in the editor.

function Script:EditorDraw()
   Editor:DrawLine(position1, position2, color)
end

• Upvote 1

Visible in the 3d perspective or just the 2d viewports? For what purpose out of curiosity? Will this be used/visible in game as well?

I am working on a camera path system. I use a similar system for indicating the ai paths. With all these of pivots I am starting to lose track of things. Currently I am solving this by having a small entity underneath each camera node to identify it, but this system is not very flexible and a pain to keep up to date. Drawing an in-editor line with 2 given 3d positions and perhaps even a color, I can distinguish these paths. Besides the pivots I can't get any feedback to how these paths look.

Perspective viewport would be nice, possibly togglable for the editor windows. Drawing these lines during game runtime would be in the same category as debug lights, debug navmesh etc. So it could certainly help, but the main "tool" I would like to see is the drawing of lines while inside the editor views.