Lone Water: Prologue [On Steam Greenlight]

DooMAGE

gamejolt_lw_avatar.png

About the game

Lone Water is a first person adventure horror game that tells a story about a Post-Apocalyptic FLOODED World.

You are a lone survivor in this world and must find clues to figure out why the world is flooded.

The game combines loneliness, sadness and dread with a very peaceful environment.

It's your job to determine whether humanity has finally destroyed itself.

7BN2ijm.png

The world was in a chaotic state, the human race was about to pay for the lack of care and preservation of what is most precious to the human life, Water.

The only solution was to use everything science could offer.

A mega scientific corporation had a solution to the problem, by using a complex chemical process they gradually managed to make water a reality for people again.

Unfortunately not everyone was happy and someone inside this big scientific corporation plans to cause a true ecological apocalypse.

Unfortunately, it's too late.

The world is all flooded and it is our fault.

Only memories of the past were left to tell the true events that followed.

Controls

Movement: WASD + Mouse

Jump: Spacebar

E: Interaction

Shift: Run

lonewater_prologue%202016-12-17%2012-01-19-09-g8uzjqvz.png

lonewater_prologue%202016-12-17%2011-58-50-93-6szjtyx8.png

8563776.png

ss2.jpg

Thanks Josh for looking at the "Cannot blit backbuffer" bug and thehankinator for the UI Library I'm using.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

uMZrEAM.png

Download:

https://ragingmages.itch.io/lone-water-prologue

• Upvote 5

My Leadwerks games!

https://ragingmages.itch.io/

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-1000M.47317.0.html

Here says that your GPU supports DX11 and OpenGL 4.1, so the game should run very well on your rig.

Maybe there is something odd about it being a mobile card?

Maybe Josh can help us figure it out :/

There is already ppl playing the game without problems.

My Leadwerks games!

Just gave it a try and I see potential in your project.

Here's an elaborate pro and con list of what I thought about this little demo smile.png

Pros:

-Felt very surreal, surreal horror is very rare and rarer in leadwerks, I think you should focus on this aspect of the game since you'll definitely stand out

-Interesting premise, the story made me curious, I don't know what you have planned or though of, but I think you're heading in the right direction

-Graphics look really solid

-The soundtrack fit the overall ambiance of the game

-Really cool environment

Cons:

-Even if it's just a little concept you have going on, you have to give players better objectives than "flip that" or "open this". Try and be a bit more creative, you can have the player find the switch instead of just flipping it, and that makes the player explore more of your cool environment.

-Backtracking, you made the player go out into the ocean (which was good) then you made them come back to that little area you had (which is bad). Backtracking can work if the area is a bit bigger and you make other things happen when the player is heading back.

Keep in mind that my little list is like I was reviewing an actual full on title, this is more meant to help you continue developing games than to unmotivate you, they're things I learned from more experienced people or by myself while making my project.

Hope I helped in some ways! smile.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Released a new version today, I still need to update the game launcher version (**** internet)

This update will fix some of the spelling issues and also add a couple of rooms that were left out in the old release. You'll find a new memory and also a new note from Hiro Nagashi, so if you already played the game you'll have some surprises in this new version.

lonewater_prologue+2016-12-17+11-58-50-93-9qqux4n7.png

lonewater_prologue%202016-12-17%2012-01-19-09-g8uzjqvz.png

Changelog v_0.9.5 [uncut]

- Added new SSR Shader

- Added splash screen

- Fixed some spelling errors

- Removed the cars from the starting area

- Added new memory

- Added new note

- Detailed a bit more the rooms

- Added two new rooms

- Reduced the sfx volume of the water steps

- Improved wall textures of the storage room

My Leadwerks games!

OK, I've tried to simulate this in my own project, and I get yellow thing by using shadmar's PP_bloom+godrays & PP_bloom post effect. At least in my case.

First, just have to ask, do you use the latest nvidia drivers? there is an old for-loop bug in old nvidia drivers.

Second, to verify this bug, change 2 lines in 08_pp_bloom.lua to use LE own blur shaders (which doesn't use for-loops)

self.shader_hblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/00_shaders/_hblur.shader")
   self.shader_vblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/00_shaders/_vblur.shader")

to

self.shader_hblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/Utility/hblur.shader")
   self.shader_vblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/Utility/vblur.shader")

Is it still yellow?

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

First, just have to ask, do you use the latest nvidia drivers? there is an old for-loop bug in old nvidia drivers.

Yes.

Second, to verify this bug, change 2 lines in 08_pp_bloom.lua to use LE own blur shaders (which doesn't use for-loops)

self.shader_hblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/00_shaders/_hblur.shader")
self.shader_vblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/00_shaders/_vblur.shader")

to

self.shader_hblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/Utility/hblur.shader")
self.shader_vblur = Shader:Load("Shaders/PostEffects/Utility/vblur.shader")

Is it still yellow?

Not anymore.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...