A long Journey

burgelkat

Hallo,

Since I hang something with my other project Mortifer, I have tried something different.

Now whether that's what I've created for a WinterTournament is enough, no clue. But I hope you have fun.

So far, there are only two maps at the moment. But there will be more. In total there are 10 maps with different scenarios, effects etc.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/viewitem?fileid=837157451

Models are from

cgtrader

tf3dm or turbosquid and fuse.

The music is by Eric Matyas

http://soundimage.org/

Feedback is welcome

Have fun

greetings

Burgelkat

• Upvote 4

I'm impressed! Really atmospheric ;)

That old man was creepy. He just appeared out of nowhere. Was not expecting it at all.

Is there a way past the path as you follow the man? He got to the end and disappeared and there was an invisible wall blocking me.

So 3 out of 10 maps are ready. It was quite nerve-racking smile.png . But in the end, I got my old man to do what he was supposed to do. And yes, it's just an NPC with one script. Actually, I wanted to let the old man help you biggrin.png but somehow he did not want to take tree trunks. There I have something to think about.

Have fun.

Here is a small update with another map. I am extremely enthusiastic about this. I hope you like it just as well. I find the mood incredibly good. I do not want to have a screenshot, because simply let the map work on you.smile.png I hope everything works when uploading.On this map I will add a few little things. But it will only be optical matters.

• 4 weeks later...

The Motel Map is now ready.

Only small things at the interior should be changed. Thanks to Macklebee and AggrorJorn for their help and patience. Next comes a small map with the motel room.

It's small little tricky, if your tablet is wearing to see the mouse pointer, but it works.

Next will be a Motel Room Map

I would be glad about a feedback.

have fun

• Upvote 2

Scenes look great. Easily some of the best landscapes I have seen in LE.

Interaction suggestions - maybe drop some hints about what to do? The ax, hammer, and saw interactions could use some visual hint on which keys/mouse buttons to use. Little clues like that can help in all the scenes - from the opening scene inside the cabin trying to understand why I cant open the door yet when its due to not picking up the bag, shoes, etc... to being the waiter trying to figure out who gets what food, etc...

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Hey burgelkat,

Just got around to finally trying this out. I think you have the skills to become a good level designer. The maps create a very nice atmosphere. I am interested to see where you are going with this. Always feel free to ask for help.

• Have you considered adding voice to the character?
  • I did have some trouble where the UI text would interfere with buttons.
  • I noticed that the atmospheric sound, is 3d spatialized at times. Is this on purpose?

keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the motel room as well as the Desert-dream is done so far. Just a few changes and the dream come to an end. I hope you have fun. The Desert-Dream is with more action and some intersections.

Also I tried to integrate a few tips from Macklebee and AggrorJorn. Thanks a lot for this tips.

Feedback as always is very welcome.

Edit: it seems there is a sound-bug in the Desert Map. If i walk then i hear shooting-sound. I have to search where the mistake is :)

post-13719-0-00648600-1489433434_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great funny beautiful Idea, I enjoy trying this :)

Just few ideas:

What about implementing an auto-save feature at which the player quit the game ?

I got stuck at the pizza service ;) (sorry spoiler)

I brought the first pizza and then I directly took the pizza for table 4 and I get stuck because I couldn't drop the pizza anymore.

Maybe I should have first bring the coca or something else...:D

No importance great atmosphere, you're an artist, very beautiful terrain painting

Thanks i am happy that you enjoy it

I think i have to make the task more transparent

Its a little tricki with the pizza because the Modell overlaps the mouse icon

You have to find a good position so the icon shows up

I think about a menu where you can choose the Level

For a save game function i think its to late to implement this afer finished maps ?!?

• 2 weeks later...

With this update I created a level menu. Here you can simply continue with the next Map where you left off.

There is still a small problem. I think it is due to "UpdateWorld Function". If the button does not work the same, please again (possibly also 3x click)

I also worked a bit with the Vergetation and Billboards. I have improved the Map "Forest" and "Countryside" a little bit

post-13719-0-63927900-1490382983_thumb.png

post-13719-0-05603600-1490383061_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

• 5 weeks later...

Looking nice! Looks like those latest images use one of my free skyboxes? Glad to see them used! smile.png

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Yes i use your free skyboxes. Thanks a lot for that.

The TrainStation Map is not yet finished. But you can use it now. If you find the switch ... a Train arrives. Its not yet perfect. But looks in my eyes cool :)

Have fun

• Upvote 1