Published Game Not Appearing on Game Launcher

Haydenmango

I published a private version of my game Snow Rider to the workshop but it is not showing up in the game launcher after 30+ minutes of restarting it constantly. The game is appearing in my workshop and I can subscribe to it and edit it.

Is there a limit on the amount of shown games on the game launcher?

I ask because there are 99 games showing for me currently which seems fishy...

I am running in 3840x2160 resolution if that makes any difference.

edit- tested game on friends-only and public viewing modes and restarted the game launcher each time but my game still doesn't show.

Finally got my game to show up after deleting it from my workshop and publishing a new public version.

What was weird was that the first time I uploaded my game as private it wouldn't show up (which is intended I guess) but even after changing it's viewing mode it still would not show up. Bug report can be closed I guess.

It takes a few minutes, maybe 5-10 minutes, to recache when you change the visibility. Do you think that was the cause of the delay after you set it to public, or was it a really long time?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It takes a few minutes, maybe 5-10 minutes, to recache when you change the visibility. Do you think that was the cause of the delay after you set it to public, or was it a really long time?

Yeah that could've been it but I did wait around 5 minutes to see if it would show up on the launcher after changing the visibility. It's definitely possible that I just didn't wait long enough though, I would need to test it again to be sure.