Jimmi The Rabbit

Thirsty Panther

Jimmi the Rabbit is my entry for the Winter Games.

Its my first attempt at a third person game. Your goal is to get Jimmi home before the timer runs out. You collect carrots as you go (a rabbit has to eat after all).

This is far from complete. There is still lots I need to do. A title page, menu, star animation needs fixing, Hi-score table, and more levels with more difficult challenges.

Proudest moment in developing this game was getting the double jump to work. In the past I have relied heavily on other peoples scripts to create my games but for the double jump there was nothing available.

So a search of the web for some pseudo code and several hours of testing and I finally got it to work. Happy as a Battlefield player with a fist full of war-bonds.

I will continue to develop this over the coming months. I just ran out of time to have a more complete game in time for the Winter Games.

• Upvote 5

@Burgelkat thanks for the kind comments. I got the Rabbit model from 3DRT. It has a lot more animations I'm keen to use. Currently you only see him from the back and I like to show the whole character at certain moments during the game.

@xtom I went for a happier cartoony vibe. SGB did a nice game during the summer games called Little Dragon which I liked. It had a cute dragon which flew around collecting gems. I wanted something more like Mario 64 and a little bit of Pacman. I've already done a couple of FPS Zombie games and just wanted to stretch myself with a third person game.

Agree that the camera can be jerky at times. The script I borrowed from Reepblues remake of Darkness Awaits. It has some smoothing settings for the camera which hopefully will improve it.

So much to do :)