Community Project?

DigitalHax

LE Community project?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a leadwerks community project?

2. 2. If a project started, would you be a part of it?

Well Roland, thanks to Facebook and Google keeping secrets isn't a problem any more. Even if their data on you is wrong it's the new improved truth :) Oh brave new world.

I was thinking about the whole genre thing, every "man and his dog" (see what I did there? movie reference?) might have a different take on what genre.

Being an old film buff I was thinking about giant ants. And really zombies, ants, giant blobs. If you build the game so it can be divorced from content, so a pak loads in the zombies, audio, weapon, video post effects such as contrast, saturation etc. then you can have the same game with a variety of "worst case scenario" adventures. Which is actually a good name for a survival game, "Worst Case Scenario", quick trademark WCS (which could also mean Weapon Control System).

I think I'd love to see 50ft giant screeching ants towering over Smalltown USA in mono, then zombies, then 50s style flying saucers. Or even a "Find the Fridge" game where you have a hide and seek (hot and cold scanner) to find the lead lined fridge before the nearby atomic test bomb is detonated.

Ah possibilities.

Don't mind me. I just love old films.

• Upvote 2

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

Don't mind me. I'm just love old films.

ohmy.pngtongue.png

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

• 2 years later...

I would say with this kind of project to walk, not run.

Rather than create a whole game look at a desired mechanism that is not directly provided by LeadWerks but would have to be developed.

Work on and deliver that first. A nice, neat bundle that everyone can then incorporate into their system if they want/need to. Then move on to another such mechanism and pad out core content.

These can then be used in an actual game making delivery of the game easier.

If a game is the desired target however, then look at breaking parts down into self contained milestones which would have value as deliverables by themselves.

Once the team for this have delivered their first "package" by whatever method then its a success, all else is gravy.

content over form, game play over all.