Aggror
  • Developer
  • 3,109 posts

lcp_banner.jpg

Project Midnight Salsa

#######################################################
   Info
Making a game with community is quite the challenge. Lets see what we can make as a team. Our first rule: Lets keep it simple. No complex gameplay, not trying to be a 'unique' game. Just simple gaming. Second rule: having fun and perhaps also learning something.

Deadline for 1st tech demo
30 July 2012

Language
C++ and LUA

Genre
First Person Shooter

Date/Style
Modern

Game Target
Tech demo subway station

Features
  • Weapons: melee, handguns, shotguns, machine guns, rifles etc.
  • Monsters, zombies and spooky supernatural enemies
  • Goal: Getting to your destination
  • Wasteland setting with underground locations.

How do we work?
- Project Wiki
- Project Forum
- Google docs for brainstorming
- Google drive for asset management
- SVN for Source control.

twitter.jpg   https://twitter.com/AggrorLeadwerks

DigitalHax

DigitalHax
  • Developer
  • 263 posts
Message sent :)
Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

Benton

Benton
  • Developer
  • 363 posts
same :)
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

ChrisV

ChrisV
  • Developer
  • 263 posts
Me too. Posted Image

My Artwork.

Posted Image

ZBrush 4R6 - 3DCoat 4.1.9C - Fl Studio 11 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 2 - PaintShop Photo Pro X3 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2014 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material

Aggror

Aggror
  • Developer
  • 3,109 posts
You are invited to the google docs folder. If there are problems with accessing files. Let me know :)

tjheldna

tjheldna
  • Developer
  • 607 posts
Yeah I'm In. I'll send you a PM a little later today.

Cheers
Game Project:

Mages Alchemy on....

Posted Image     Posted Image

Rick

Rick
  • Developer
  • 5,952 posts
Message sent. Looking forward to this.
I offer 1 on 1 LE Training https://acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=11246158

http://leadwerks.wikidot.com/

My Whackky Moles Google Play

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"

Rick

Rick
  • Developer
  • 5,952 posts
In the brainstorm drawing document on the right hand side feel free to use the chat to talk about things. The brainstorm clearly has a ton of stuff that we'll most likely have to start talking about what makes it and what gets chopped.
I offer 1 on 1 LE Training https://acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=11246158

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"

Pancakes

Pancakes
  • Developer
  • 560 posts
Where is the list of everyone who has already joined? If I won't be able to do too much. But I can help a little bit. It's always been a personal goal of mine to develop a game with Rick and Aggror some day. Seeing as 50% of all coding I learned from them. So I'll join, but I don't think I'll be one of your main guys.
Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM /  GTX 670
Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Aggror

Aggror
  • Developer
  • 3,109 posts
The first brainstorm ends in 5 hours. Based on the brainstorm I will make a large poll (for the project members only). This will eliminate severall ideas. Beforehand I can tell you that not everyone will like all the decisions that will follow.

After all the polls have returned I can make a first report, meaning: the first basics will be documented. A second brainstorm will then be active for 2 days to address new or forgotten feautures. The programming and design brainstorm can best be used once the 2nd brainsorm has finished. This finetunes the game design document.

This weekend will then be the first time we start making stuff. Then we will make use of a project server/website to maintain tasks and planning related stuff.

DigitalHax

DigitalHax
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

View PostPancakes, on 08 May 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Where is the list of everyone who has already joined? If I won't be able to do too much. But I can help a little bit. It's always been a personal goal of mine to develop a game with Rick and Aggror some day. Seeing as 50% of all coding I learned from them. So I'll join, but I don't think I'll be one of your main guys.

For someone who was so pesamistic, it's strange that you would want anything to do with it...
Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

Rick

Rick
  • Developer
  • 5,952 posts
I like the process. Brainstorm, vote, brainstorm on what we voted so things start to get more narrowed down. Seems like a great way to organize this chaos Posted Image

For someone who was so pesamistic, it's strange that you would want anything to do with it...

A couple people were that still joined. It's a really interesting idea and I think many people want it to work and be a part of it. I'm sure some will drop after the result of either the first or second poll results because we might be working on something they just don't want to work on. That's OK and we shouldn't treat anyone that does so any different, just like no reason to treat anyone who was on the fence who joined differently. If we are all respectful and nice to each other I think thing will go well.

Pancakes

Pancakes
  • Developer
  • 560 posts

View PostDigitalHax, on 08 May 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

You're mistaken, I was never pessimistic. I was realistic. I join the project now, in the face of that realism because people that I respect have decided to be involved too. It's as simple as that.

Besides it's fun.
Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM /  GTX 670
Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Aggror

Aggror
  • Developer
  • 3,109 posts
Ladies and gentelmen, The poll results.

***Note: Not every question was enirely decissive. Some (like the indoor/outdoor qeustion) are conclusive to the game. The next brainstorm will narrow things down even more.

Download the High Resolution Image.
Attached File  brainstorm 1- poll results.rar   352.49K   94 downloads

Roland

Roland
  • Developer
  • 1,121 posts
The Poll results image needs better resolution. Can't read it even if downloaded.
Leadwerks 3.x full
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors
Rimfrost Software (SCOT) & Narcoleptic Studios (Phobia)

Aggror

Aggror
  • Developer
  • 3,109 posts
I also added a rar file. Somehow the image gets really blurry during upload. I'll remove the image.

Rick

Rick
  • Developer
  • 5,952 posts
Good stuff! So a FPS trying to get from point A to point B w/Monsters in a modern wasteland with health packs and stamina and your basic weapon choices! (Skipped some details but that's the general idea).

I'm excited.

Roland

Roland
  • Developer
  • 1,121 posts
I am also very satisfied with the result.
Leadwerks 3.x full
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors
Rimfrost Software (SCOT) & Narcoleptic Studios (Phobia)

ChrisV

ChrisV
  • Developer
  • 263 posts
Yep, sounds good to me too. Posted Image

My Artwork.

Posted Image

ZBrush 4R6 - 3DCoat 4.1.9C - Fl Studio 11 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 2 - PaintShop Photo Pro X3 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2014 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material

Benton

Benton
  • Developer
  • 363 posts
Everyone kinda picked what I picked, some minor differences but I am really happy. Good results.
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D