LE Community Project

AggrorJorn

post-45-0-68381100-1336582367_thumb.jpg

Project Midnight Salsa

#######################################################

Info

Making a game with community is quite the challenge. Lets see what we can make as a team. Our first rule: Lets keep it simple. No complex gameplay, not trying to be a 'unique' game. Just simple gaming. Second rule: having fun and perhaps also learning something.

Deadline for 1st tech demo

30 July 2012

Language

C++ and LUA

Genre

First Person Shooter

Date/Style

Modern

Game Target

Tech demo subway station

Features

• Weapons: melee, handguns, shotguns, machine guns, rifles etc.
  • Monsters, zombies and spooky supernatural enemies
  • Goal: Getting to your destination
  • Wasteland setting with underground locations.

How do we work?

- Project Wiki

- Project Forum

- Google docs for brainstorming

- Google drive for asset management

- SVN for Source control.

post-45-0-46600300-1336476847.jpg https://twitter.com/AggrorLeadwerks

Me too. smile.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

In the brainstorm drawing document on the right hand side feel free to use the chat to talk about things. The brainstorm clearly has a ton of stuff that we'll most likely have to start talking about what makes it and what gets chopped.

Where is the list of everyone who has already joined? If I won't be able to do too much. But I can help a little bit. It's always been a personal goal of mine to develop a game with Rick and Aggror some day. Seeing as 50% of all coding I learned from them. So I'll join, but I don't think I'll be one of your main guys.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

The first brainstorm ends in 5 hours. Based on the brainstorm I will make a large poll (for the project members only). This will eliminate severall ideas. Beforehand I can tell you that not everyone will like all the decisions that will follow.

After all the polls have returned I can make a first report, meaning: the first basics will be documented. A second brainstorm will then be active for 2 days to address new or forgotten feautures. The programming and design brainstorm can best be used once the 2nd brainsorm has finished. This finetunes the game design document.

This weekend will then be the first time we start making stuff. Then we will make use of a project server/website to maintain tasks and planning related stuff.

Where is the list of everyone who has already joined? If I won't be able to do too much. But I can help a little bit. It's always been a personal goal of mine to develop a game with Rick and Aggror some day. Seeing as 50% of all coding I learned from them. So I'll join, but I don't think I'll be one of your main guys.

For someone who was so pesamistic, it's strange that you would want anything to do with it...

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

I like the process. Brainstorm, vote, brainstorm on what we voted so things start to get more narrowed down. Seems like a great way to organize this chaos smile.png

For someone who was so pesamistic, it's strange that you would want anything to do with it...

A couple people were that still joined. It's a really interesting idea and I think many people want it to work and be a part of it. I'm sure some will drop after the result of either the first or second poll results because we might be working on something they just don't want to work on. That's OK and we shouldn't treat anyone that does so any different, just like no reason to treat anyone who was on the fence who joined differently. If we are all respectful and nice to each other I think thing will go well.

You're mistaken, I was never pessimistic. I was realistic. I join the project now, in the face of that realism because people that I respect have decided to be involved too. It's as simple as that.

Besides it's fun.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Good stuff! So a FPS trying to get from point A to point B w/Monsters in a modern wasteland with health packs and stamina and your basic weapon choices! (Skipped some details but that's the general idea).

I'm excited.

• Upvote 1

Yep, sounds good to me too. smile.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Everyone kinda picked what I picked, some minor differences but I am really happy. Good results.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

The underground aspect to this is interesting. This might mean we get to use LE's invisible feature with the terrain to transition from above ground to underground. Not sure if many have played with that before but it would be a good feature demo for LE!

• Upvote 1

Not sure if many have played with that before but it would be a good feature demo for LE!

Well, basically you guys team up to build a techdemo which is kind of the game i spend somewhat a year in manhours to plan, prepare and code ... awesome. :D

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

Well, basically you guys team up to build a techdemo which is kind of the game i spend somewhat a year in manhours to plan, prepare and code ... awesome. biggrin.png

You and 75% of all developers. I've had this basic idea somewhere along my path of game programming :D

We aren't trying to break any new ground in this project. Just want to get something out there for people to play that we can say was made by members of the community. Your game probably has some innovative things so I hope you won't let us doing this stop you.