LE Community Project

AggrorJorn

Once the second brainstorm and poll are over I want to get started right away.

Thats why I am looking for a Lead artist, Lead programmer, Lead Level design and Lead Audio.

Task:

• Giving support to the programmers, Audio, Art en level design.

You can reply in this topic.

I'm just happy to throw out functions for whatever is asked (within reasonable time constraints). Happy for Rick to take point, he's got a good head on what's reasonable in scope. If it's a secret ballot then pretend I didn't write that.

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

Poll and Subleaders

I have sent out Poll 1.5. The answer I will get will be used to clean the brainstorm 2.0 a little. This Poll includes the question for the Lead Level design/Art.

Rick is from now on appointed to Lead Programmer.

SubLeaders

The reason we need subleaders is because more expertise is required for a group. Also the subleaders have a supportive roll towards their team mates and project manager.

Naming conventions

I am working on a Naming Convention Design. The Naming convention is based for the assets and for global game management. :D The programming naming convention will be discussed in its own Brainstorm, Lead programmer and project manager. The document contains other project information and will be published soon You can view it but not edit it. If you have suggestions, feedback or comments, please send me a PM or post in this topic.

Tasks

I have had a look in to several task manager tools, websites etc. I have come to the conclusion that it might we the easiest if we stick to Google Docs, since all the other information is on there as well. The task overview is already set up and will be published soon. Only the project manager and the subleaders (Lead Programming and Lead design) can edit the task overview. You can view it but not edit it. If you have suggestions, feedback or comments, please send me a PM or post in this topic. cool.png

Thanks for all the work so far! I am really happy with the results that we as a team have been able to achieve. smile.png

Bribes are good, for the record I accept paypal or brown paper packets behind the water-tank, third stall, gents toilets, Leeds City station.

Thing about "brainstorming" is nothing is wrong. Everything and anything goes. Pretty much what I heard about the gents toilets at Leeds City station.

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

I'm leaving this here, because the comment section of that otherwise pretty awesome google doc thing confuses the **** out of me. Whoever it is that wants to be the Art Lead, should probably be gathering some reference materials for the other artists to follow. Even if you don't end up as the art lead the reference would be useful for whoever actually does become it.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

I don't understand why in the brainstorming area, boxes don't have little marks on them to indicate they have comments on them, and then when selecting the box you ONLY see that boxes comments. It's a mess the way they have it now where you pretty much see everything. Plus I'd love to know what it is people changed. I have to go hunting through ever comment each time to see if someone posted something in there or made a change to the brainstorm space which you have to remember what it looked like before.

That being said it's still a nice tool for this.

Whoever it is that wants to be the Art Lead, should probably be gathering some reference materials for the other artists to follow. Even if you don't end up as the art lead the reference would be useful for whoever actually does become it.

I don't have an interest in being Art Lead but I'm happy to start gathering reference materials regardless. I'll get started tonight unless anyone prefers someone else (if an Art Lead pops up, for example).

We voted on an art lead, so I would assume we would have one shortly? But I would think if you pull materials that you think things should look like it can't hurt to bring that into the brainstorming that will for sure happen on the art side.

Lead Level Design/Art

It is decided that Scarlet Thread Studios is no the Lead Level design/Art.

Poll, Planning

I am working on the last poll, that will be send. After that I will update the Game design document post the results to the project members and the forum. The planning will also be made available at this time.

What everyone can do is trying to visualise a bit how the scene is going to look. One of the tasks of the level designers will be making a topdown map and create a temporary placeholder lever. See the following blog for inspiration.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/42/entry-172-the-zone-blog-01-getting-my-feet-wet/

Yeah I got confused too. I was referring to the poll where he asked whether their should be a new forum just for the community game. But when I read his comment I couldn't tell if he was referring to a preexisting one of not. And to think of it, it's impossible to know which I was referring to either.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Currently the task for the modelers and the designer are on their way. I am working with Rick on the tasks for the programmers.

This is the current state of how we work:

- Project Wiki

- Project Forum

- Google docs for brainstorming

- Google drive for asset management

- SVN for Source control.

Sprint 2

The team has arrived in Sprint 2. This means that the initial setup is done. The basic Design of the game is clear and we start making stuff. Sprint 2 is by far the largest of them all. It contains

Sprint 2 - Concepts and prototypes

2.1. Paper prototyping round 1

• Brainstorm about small prototypes: aka character control, inventory, driving, enemies
  • Creating art work
  • Task driven work: Working with tasks that are divided among the project members. Making sure that everyone knows what to expect from the rest of the team.
  • Evaluating progress and making up a first balance.
  • Redefining direction and adjusting project flow (task management, adjusting game design documentation).
  • Creating first prototypes and level designs.
    • Have to be tested and evaluated by the entire team for feedback

[*]Fine tuning prototypes and level designs

[*]Preparing code for injection in main project

If you are on the project please visit the wiki we have setup daily if possible. On the programming side I'll be posting tasks. Go to the To-Do's area. The far right column is the task type (Programming, Art, Level Design, Misc). For programming, on each task if nobody is assigned I would like people either edit the task (if you can) and put your name in the Assigned To field OR PM, IM, email me that you're interested in a task.

Each task has a link to a design page talking about the task in more depth. In these I give some direction on what classes most likely need to be worked on for the task.

I currently have one out there for basic controller functionality for the player.

Reminder: Copy your Scripts, Models, & Materials LE folder to the source base directory. We aren't including those in the SVN.