Helicopter blades not animating correctly **YES IV'E GOOGLED IT**

02arnoldj

Hi guys, anyone experienced in 3ds max ? Iv'e googled it to find out why or how this is happening and there is no explanation i can find.

Iv'e got a helicopter modeled in 3ds max 2010. Ive set the Pivot for the top blade and the rear blade.

I centred the pivot to the children of the body (bladerear and bladetop)

When mince turns the blades in LE 2.5 with a script he made,telling each blade to rotate on a certain axis, they sort of turn and then go back and forwards and backwards as if they were coliding with the body itself. It's strange, also they don't rotate correctly on their Axis, the top one is at an angle facing upwards slightly and the rear facing out to one side although they ARE dead straight in 3ds max. I export them as an FBX and use LE's fbxtogmf.exe.

In the model viewer it recognises the Body is the parent and the blades are children in the hierarchy.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

James

**********************************************SOLVED THANKS TO MACKLEBEE*******************************************************

^ i didnt knew that the demo/evaluation comes with model exporters :/ but if the hierarchy is correct (?) usually only the script can mess things up ... see the "vehicle_viperscout.lua" sample and verify model hierarchy and extern tires.

PS:

use an animated model if possible and controll the speed of the animation instead of physic objects which need to be positioned - wouldnt look right on cars and such but for a helicopter it seams to be more fail save imo.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...