C++, Lua and editor tutorials

AggrorJorn

Great tutorial!

You might want to use local in front of those variables because I believe they are global otherwise, which can be dangerous especially with generic variables like active or the like as many scripts probably would have those named variables.

Good tutorial aggror, very easy to follow.

I also got 1-2 suggestions for flowgraph:

- Ability to set Script Values within flowgraph, for example show a textbox to set the Maxtime from Timer directly in flowgraph

(and/or) - Ability to create Arguments within the flowgraph (like "Script:test = 0 --int" shows as an integer in editor just in flowgraph) as virtually object just to passing parameters

just came to it to see the tutorial.

Its really nice and i can only agree to all the suggestions. :)

Josh also said in one bugreport that the flowgraph should not loose all connections just when the script is saved.

So i think that is a bug and will hopefully be fixed in the future.

• 9 months later...

With the release of 3.1 full edition around the corner, I want to make some new video tutorials. I still want to put my main focus on the C++ API but using some editor features in combination with C++ is also something I would like to consider. One of the first tutorials will be on Leadwerks to Steam related API commands.

Feedback or suggestions are welcome.

I am using the c++ third person tutorial as the start point of my game.It would be usefull if a character dying when falling from a great height was added to this tutorial

EDIT I mean the main character.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

cassius there were several good suggestions in the two threads you created for this. Did you try them, especially the one Josh suggested about the speed at which you touch the ground? I'd rather tutorials be simple and clean instead of being cluttered with random code, becoming harder to understand.

gamecreator:

I am waiting for 3.1 before continuing with coding that's why I have not looked into solving the proble yet.

All your help is appreciated..

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

a character dying when falling from a great height was added to this tutorial

Sound like a good example but I think I would have to make a tutorial first on making the level in the editor, working together with scripts and C++ would be more suited first.

I'd rather tutorials be simple and clean instead of being cluttered with random code, becoming harder to understand.

Can you give a an example on what would be the subject of one of those tutorials?

The only thing I have tought of so far are NPC's that use a state machine in order to perform tasks in the world.

As always ..your tutorials are well done ...thanks for taking the time to make them Aggror.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today is the start of a new tutorial series. We will be making a playable 'game' from scratch. And with game I mean, we will be introducing new gameplay mechanics in each new tutorial. Gradually we will create a larger scene that the player can play. We will talk about how to solve problems and how to use the editor. Everything will be created during the recording. That means that it is possible we end up with design decisions/ bugs/ funny problems that might be changed in later videos.

• Upvote 5

I finally got some time to go thru the latest tutorials from Aggror. Just brilliant . Exactly what I've been looking for. I highly recommend for those just starting their scripting journey like me.

Thanks for taking the time to make these Aggror.

Suggestions for future tutorials.

HUD

Damage + health packs

Place these videos in the tutorial section.

thanks for the suggestions, Hud and damage is one of the next things we will do with the turret. Health packs are also a good idea for upcomming tutorials.

I am afraid I am not allowed to upload them to the tutorial section. I have to write the tutorial in text, I can't number them etc.