23 members have voted

1. 1. On how many Leadwerks projects are you working

2. 2. Where lies your focus?

• Programmer/Scripter
    • Level Designer
    • 3d/2d Artist
    • Somewhat all of the above
  3. 3. Is the cake a lie?

Like many others I find myself working on many projects at the same time. While I am serious about finishing my main project, I often get distracted or derailed by some wild idea or subproject. For instanace this is my current overview smile.png :

• Main project........serious stuff
  • Minigolf........just for fun
  • Ragdolls ......on hold
  • Gui for C++ and Lua .....
  • networking and multi-threading tests
  • LCP2, awaiting new tasks
  • Tutorial testing

How about you?

That's a natural process in my opinion, when you lose your motivation for a moment to work on the main project then you can start some other tasks. I don't think it's a bad way to develop, every "sub"-project takes you a step further for the "real/big" project.

Its a good way of testing/proofing concepts/ideas to start a new (smaller) project and work it out.

I do it the same way with networking / threading.

But in my case, the "real" project hasn't started yet, because i got not so much time within the week. So i started some smaller Tasks (heh networking is small, isn't it tongue.png ... nah, it's not but i did some networking some years ago in blitzbasic (2D), VC6++ and i have a realistic (simple) target, i dont want to copy raknet) and the "real" project will start in my vacation (when terrain is avaiable hopefully wink.png).

LCP2 is my main LE3 project. I plan to look into mobile gaming though so setting up some tests for that.

Main focus on level design with Leadwerks 3. Overall though my main time gets focused on my UDK project and a project im donating some time to.

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

I am mainly working for others all the day, so I have very few spare time to dedicate to my own projects. However I have 3 projects that I'm working on (but voted 1 in the poll because you specified "Leadwerks projects" in the option):

- Risk-style multiplayer GameCenter for iOS (not LE)

- Room based MMORPG for Windows/Mac/Linux (not LE)

- Sort of dungeon hunting fantasy action for Windows/Mac (LE)

The first in the list is almost done, just need to add something and could be ready with very few weeks, but I'm feeling a bit lazy these days (maybe too much others' job that I'm not capable to concentrate on these).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

Yes!... Maybe not so much as "projects", but I like to test out ideas in isolation. So, I might have a main project, but I'd have to set up smaller projects to test out ideas. This is especially true for even the simplest of things where I need to test my understanding... docs are sketchy and perhaps imply a certain behavior, so feel a need to do a reality check.

Ok , by projects you talk about technical tutorials, addons etc ... not really complete games.

Caus we know how long, hard , time consuming it is to make even ONE only good game lol :)

- Mario platforming like game with original stuf

(I'm stuck with BSP and lightmapping shaders, but the project still remains)

- perhaps some prototype of Dungeon Master like if i have time ? (dungeon adventure/puzzle/combat)

Stop toying and make games

2 projects, with a 3rd yet to be started. I can imagine started more before I manage to finish a single game. Gobo Soup is the main project which I have started from scratch. More thought has gone into it, just about worked out the level design system to allow more levels easier.

Elite Cobra Squad

• 9 months later...

I am working on 2 projects but 1 is using Leadwerks Engine ..the other one is using a different engine..

So far though my focus is on the other engine atm..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine