Gameplay Tutorial Requests Here

Rick

I think the first value is the min range and the last value is max. Try calling http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/camera/cameragetrange-r202 just once to get the default values. Then use the default min range, and just play around with the max range. If you want to do it in real-time you can wrap calling this function and increasing the max range when you hit a key or something .

I think the first value is the min range and the last value is max. Try calling http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/camera/cameragetrange-r202 just once to get the default values. Then use the default min range, and just play around with the max range. If you want to do it in real-time you can wrap calling this function and increasing the max range when you hit a key or something .

I don't understand. I think it would be easier to see a video showing how to do it. If someone ever has the time that would be great.

MajorAF:

i don't think a Video just for adding a single command to a code is necessary.

That you see blackness is correct when you set the minimum and maximum value to the same number.

If you add a camera in the editor you can see in the camera tab that the default value is min: 0.1 and max: 1000.

So if you want to have a higher viewing range you need to set max higher than 1000.

If you create your camera by code you need to use the SetRange command.

So most likely this line right after you create your camera:

self.camera:SetRange(0.1,2000) -- double the viewing range

• Upvote 1

MajorAF:

i don't think a Video just for adding a single command to a code is necessary.

That you see blackness is correct when you set the minimum and maximum value to the same number.

If you add a camera in the editor you can see in the camera tab that the default value is min: 0.1 and max: 1000.

So if you want to have a higher viewing range you need to set max higher than 1000.

If you create your camera by code you need to use the SetRange command.

So most likely this line right after you create your camera:

self.camera:SetRange(0.1,2000) -- double the viewing range

Oh, so I cannot use the same number! I thought the first number meant X axis and second meant y axis.

Thanks for explaining it.

But how do I increase the view range in the Leadwerks Engine perspective view?

How do games like Warthunder and Rust get such large maps? Warthunder supports up to around 300kmx300km and Rust from what I heard is pretty large too.

Here is a game called Combat Halo ( http://www.combat-helo.co.uk/ ) that has a terrain of 40kmx40km for their Apache simulator game it uses Leadwerks v2 Engine I think since it mentions splat terrain painting system.

Do they load several terrain maps at once since the highest supported terrain map is 4096x4096 units (meters?)

Ok i wanted a very basic FSP controller to make it really custom , the problem LE 3.1 FPS script is too heavy.

Because i wanted FPS to make a FPS platform game, not fighting, no crawlers, no HUD, no sound and make my own prototype.

The actual FPS is good to learn how to do FPS fighting game, but not good to start from if you plan a totally different FPS game.

(lot of unecessary code if you just need FPS movement )

Well just got to the old Agrorr and Crhis simple FPS tutorials.

------------

Ideas for later :

- FPS script : movement only

- TPS Controller script : movement only

Stop toying and make games

• 2 months later...

I may be dredging up an old thread here, but I have the Steam version of Leadwerks: Indie. And I'm struggling to get a working 3rd person, fixed camera (think classic Resident Evil style). I've found an old tutorial but it doesn't work, at least not with the assets provided by the indie version.

Is this the tutorial http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials_legacy/_/making-a-third-person-camera-r16, you're refering to?

There's a Lua section, which should be working for the indie edition, given that the scripting language hasn't change in that regard.

You might be better off asking a specific question about the code than requesting a whole tutorial; you'll get a quicker response.

I know that it's not much of a help - sorry.

Verify :

- player has physic character controller type and a mass > 0 and has script player from zip attached to it

- Camera level has camera script from zip attached

- yellow and blue floors have script from zip attached

I will check my zip.

I think you would need to work with simple examples in LE3 first before going further, i mean how to setup physics for characters or solid moving platforms, how to apply forces, how to detect collisions.

Rick's tutorials and LE3 WIKI , tutorials are something you should dig and understand before wanting to go further smile.png

Stop toying and make games