Leadwerks 2.5, specularity and gloss maps

Pastaspace

Basically, what the problem is is that in Marmoset and dDo, the textures applied to one of our modesl look like http://i.imgur.com/rGiWCpH.jpg in accordance to concepts and the artistic vision of the game.

However, when attempting to convert the model into a format compatible with Leadwerks, the model instead ends up looking like http://i.imgur.com/XJ0HMrg.png.

We believe this has to do with the way either Leadwerks or the .mat file is handling the Normal and specular maps and also the loss of a gloss map, which was integral to the look of the original concept, and can't really find a solution or decent documentation on properly transferring over such textures.

So does anyone here know what the problem actually is?

Upping the ambient light intensity would give you a better representation of how it should look in game currently.

I’m not a v3 user so I’m not sure what shaders ship with the current release of the engine.

My first Adobe purchase was Photoshop 2.0, CS6 was my last! < = >

Leadwerks doesn't support physically-based shading yet. So if you want to get lighting like dDo and Marmoset you'll have to either roll your own PBR shader, or use another engine. Unreal Engine 4 supports physically-based shading out of the box and costs $19 per month plus a 5% royalty when you release your game, although you can cancel your subscription and keep using anything you've downloaded, so until you release anything it actually just costs $19. That would probably be your best bet right now if you want that sort of shading.

I don't know what will do Pastaspace as he is who asked materials support.

Lux is open source Physic shaders for Unity, could it be "ported" to LE3 ?

Or LE3 could read that open source shader code ,so bring additionnal shaders that would be physic based for people needing that style of shaders.

Stop toying and make games

Hi,

For Lux, It would probably be possible, but looking at their log their mention more DX11 than GL. But if they have a GL version of their shaders it should be possible to port them. Then after it depend what features of GL is needed and if LE can allow users to use it.

Edit: Quickly looking at Marmoset Skyshop is an image based lighting solution for Unity. They have a set of shaders using image based lighting with these:

• Blinn-Phong & Lambertian shading
  • Gloss maps (per-pixel specular sharpness)
  • Normal, diffuse, and color specular maps
  • Specular fresnel
  • Emmisive/Glow
  • Shadows
  • Light Gels/Cookies
  • Light maps
  • Light probes
  • Transparency & simple glass
  • sRGB color correction & linear color rendering
  • Mobile shaders optimized for iOS

So all this stuff happen using their shaders. And their tools is for creating reflective cubemaps with pictures.

SkyShop is image based lightening, so it means no lights based ?

http://www.artisaverb.info/PBT.html

Lux works with lights as this is Physic based shaders.

Yes seems Skyshop is better and have also lower hardware support, perhaps see if let LE3 some day develop same style of shaders, or see if some Skyshop integration in LE3 could be considered (how many users interested, price).

Stop toying and make games

I think Skyshop use a technique called spherical harmonics to light the models. Seen some guys that were able to successfully implement it on their Irrlicht project (GL2.0). The picture need to be "baked" into some form of highly complex mathematical equation, but once you have the equation it can be used in a shader.

The light information it take come from the environment, so if you add dynamic lights, then the light information will need to be added to the result (surely some kind of blend pass in the deferred shader)