Using animation from the crawler model.

Infomuz

So I have made a rigid player model in blender and finished textured in substance.

My question is how would I go about applying the animations/bones from the crawler model to my model?

If I have to redo the textures/uv map no biggie. Thanks.

Could you explain more clearly what ypu are trying to do ?

You have a blender model with animations, you can export it and use it in Leadwerks 3.

Crawler model is already animated, you can't change it's animations.

About texturing what do you mean ? If Crawler texturing you have in it's directory the original TGA textures you can modify

Stop toying and make games

What you’re trying to do is called retargeting, I have no experience with this in blender so you will need to find a tutorial online to show how it’s done. To be honest it’s a PITA in any 3d modeling application.

My first Adobe purchase was Photoshop 2.0, CS6 was my last! < = >

I haven't checked how all of this could be done. But you would need to "rip" the skeleton from the crawlers and place it on your model then re-skin it so the bones will control the proper vertices of your model.

But to "rip" the skeleton, you would have to load the model inside a editor. And since the model is already converted in Leadwerks and you don't have the source FBX, I don't think it would be possible.

Then if you have done this, you would have to re-use the animations from the crawlers. Don`t know if that can be done directly from Leadwerk in code, or if you will be forced to do it in a 3D application.

Yea.. this is starting to sound like more of a pain then its worth.

I know you could do this with the old halflife models. Oh well I could of had half the animations done already. :)

Only reason I was going to try this was to get my model in game asap.

Is there any tutorials on setting up animations for leadwerks?

Yes you would need FBX of crawerl, and for re targetting animations there is expensive tools like ijinema or MotionBuilder.

Is there any tutorials on setting up animations for leadwerks?

No.

Just import your FBX model, you will got all animations on sequence 0, just extract animation sequences from that sequence by defining start/end frames, when finished, you can delete sequence 0.

Stop toying and make games