Mini game of April

YouGroove

Make a super small game.

Main rules:

-No pressure, no reward

just people will friendly design some winner or best mini game.

-Any graphic style

From simple colors, to realistic or artistic shaders why not.

-Any gameplay style

From simple FPS shooter, to simple stealth game, arcade paltforming on cubes , simple pong game, any gameplay.

- The game must have some objective to win

FPS : kill all ennemies, reach exit , collect all gems etc ...

Arcade physic ball : reah end level, collect all coins etc ...

- Main rule : make it small

You could just make a room with some crawlers using LE3 FPS code and it will be a mini game, i just hope people to put interesting ideas, gameplay or graphics not a simple copy paste.

-All shared

Could it be textures, models, scripts (if you don't want to share, just find textures and models for free over internet to use in the mini game)

To resume a simple and small game not complicated, not hyper graphcis needed, something we can play and enjoy even as simple as this one below smile.png

lcd.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To go fast and start you can use any existing ressources from LE3 :

- FPS LE3 demo with crawlers

- Rick's Bombkiller TPS project (downloads tools section)

- Monkeyball project (downloads script section)

- Turret V2 example code(downloads script section)

- etc ...

Some benefits :

- you'll make a game and have the joy to finish it (even if it has one level or one room it remains a game)

- you'll learn some things

- As you will share code this will make grow LE3 code gameplay examples , it will benefit all people as

this will be real code game example anyone can test and study or re use

( I was happy to find in LE3 site Rick's bomb game or my turret script caus i needed code examples again)

- It will help to maturate LE3 could it be on physics, report bugs, workflow problems or missing basic features when people make some small game.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

If I come up with something clever I may participate.

This is a cool idea, it will be interesting to see what people come up with!

echo

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Light got all messed up so I'll be moving it to a new project

I don't understand ? LE3 don't uses lightmapping no more.

Anyway great to see another old school game smile.png

I begin to work in effects of the game, some smoke and sparks :

post-3271-0-28698200-1397491254_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Started work on my Mini Game for April. Basic CSG graphics and gameplay.

As usual I start trying out other bits of code not related to the game which which add extra time but helps me learn some things.

Short video I found amusing, no game play shown. Some commented out while trying out other bits of code and some to do, Should not take too long though.

• Upvote 1

Elite Cobra Squad

Here is my fianl submission : the game turned in some shoot em up kit

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/524-shootemup-kit/

It has less fancy graphics mainly to reduce game size at maximum (caus LE3 texture don't have compression option actually).

Enjoy :)

(some known bug, the boss may not appear sometimes laugh.png )

post-3271-0-33984700-1398015071_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Very nice YouGroove! The models and scenery are very cool and the gameplay was pretty nostalgic for me (even though I'm only 19). http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/525-underwater-asteroids-minigame/

This will be my mini game of the month! It is based off of the 2d game Asteroids. There are some extra features that were not in the original Asteroids and high score messages!!!

Have fun everyone and let me know what you think.

• Upvote 1

@Haydenmango :

Great.

Player submarine becomes uncontrollable when hit by anything with big rotations.

Replace the player submarine collision code by this one to cancel rotation forces and have better gameplay.

function Script:Collision(entity, position, normal, speed)
if entity:GetMass()==2.5 then return end
if self.health>0 then
self:Hurt(.8)
end

--cancel any rotations impact forces
local playerRotVelocity = Vec3(0,0,0)
self.entity:SetOmega(playerRotVelocity,false)

end

------------------------------------

More easy to play : Mouse to fire

if App.window:KeyDown(Key.Space) or App.window:MouseDown(1) then
t=Time:GetCurrent()
 ... ... 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the remarks YouGroove!

I was intending on making easy, medium, and hard modes for the game where the damage/physics impacts were lessened but I never got around to that. Instead I implented the "R" key which you can press repeatedly to regain your original rotation. I understand it's pretty rough but the heavy impacts were some of the most fun for me when I was play-testing.

Thanks again for trying it out and I will try to come up with something again for next month! biggrin.png

edit-------I tested both SetRotation(using the over-time method you stated above) and SetPhysicsRotation. In the end I stuck with SetPhysicsRotation because I felt it got the result I wanted and it fit the 'get smacked around' feel the game has. Also when you are using both the WASD and arrow keys it is harder to hit the mouse then it is to hit the spacebar in my opinion.

I think if you play the game a couple of times through you may start to enjoy the intense collisions and freedom of movement it has to offer but feel free to mod it however you like to suite your needs. And again thank you for the feedback YouGroove!

Both good mini games for April, makes mine seem very basic by comparison. Will upload during the week.

I changed the controls for shoot em up kit, WASD keys are standard, do you play games with ZQWDblink.png

Once I had changed the keys I completed the level, models were good. A lot of code in there to help people out.

Really liked the Submarine game, didn't have a clue what I was doing just bouncing around underwater, crazy. I think a bit more work on this and it will be fun to play, l liked the models.

• Upvote 1

Elite Cobra Squad

Thanks for trying out the game josk!

didn't have a clue what I was doing just bouncing around underwater, crazy.

hahaha made my night. As weird as it may sound that is somewhat the intended feeling this game is supposed to give. I was originally going to post a much more relaxed Underwater Maze version using these scripts but after playing Goat Simulator things took a different turn....

I look forward to playing your game when it arrives!

I changed the controls for shoot em up kit, WASD keys are standard, do you play games with ZQWDblink.png

Yes French keyboard laugh.png (just change Lua cde in PlayerShip.lua, didn't had time to add key configurator)

models were good

They are from Blender swap without textures to keep small siez game as possible.

I hope we will see your game smile.png

Maybe someone else can adapt it and maybe make a full game. Was moving on to a new project but might come back to it.

If you have time would be nice.

Why not simple cylinders colors falling and you type the right key ? like "C" "V" "B" "N" (to avoid french keyboard problem laugh.png )