Leadwerks 3.1 Indie Publish Bug

timetrx

The Leadwerks 3.1 Indie edition on Windows there is a bug while publishing.

When you go to the project manager and click publish you are unable to cancel the publish command or exit the window and the window locks down with no way to stop it until its done publishing.

dont believe its a bug its just a bad implemention because josh forget/ignored about asynchron development for those things because its not that importat or he dont noticed it on his SSD that hard. but sure its not really important like the color of a car or the size of the engine. but it makes life easier to use this software without that behaviour.

But you are right it freeze and a GUI should never hang up while the processing something. thats why we have threads nowadays. best way is to seperate this into some kind of layers (thread for gui, thread for generate stuff in the editor, thread for background nsa logging) so nothing will be stacked or freeze and the editor feel more smooth.

Ive noticed this on every little thing in the editor that normaly takes some time or have progressbars. like

importing models (editor create own model files)

importing textures (editor create own text files)

load big models (freeze editor sometimes when big files)

this should all not happen with threading. You also could write a small progress bar to make the gui more user friendly. IMO the usabillity of the gui is very unfriendly because I often thought the editor is broken or hang up again. No response, no information. Just hope that the editor will response wink.png thats not a solution for a good editor.

also at the project creation. The project creation (create folders etc) takes too much time and freeze the gui because its waiting until the project file are created.

which gui is leadwerks using? wxWidgets?

• Upvote 1

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

But you are right it freeze and a GUI should never hang up while the processing something. thats why we have threads nowadays. best way is to seperate this into some kind of layers (thread for gui, thread for generate stuff in the editor, thread for background nsa logging) so nothing will be stacked or freeze and the editor feel more smooth.

Ive noticed this on every little thing in the editor that normaly takes some time or have progressbars. like

importing models (editor create own model files)

importing textures (editor create own text files)

load big models (freeze editor sometimes when big files)

this should all not happen with threading. You also could write a small progress bar to make the gui more user friendly. IMO the usabillity of the gui is very unfriendly because I often thought the editor is broken or hang up again. No response, no information. Just hope that the editor will response wink.png thats not a solution for a good editor.

also at the project creation. The project creation (create folders etc) takes too much time and freeze the gui because its waiting until the project file are created.

which gui is leadwerks using? wxWidgets?

I agree, and while its not a true "bug", it could be considered a logic error. This is my first time using Leadwerks, so I don't know if cancelling was actually a feature in earlier versions or it new and has not be implemented.

BTW, does Microsoft have thread support added to their standard? I know they are behind on their complier and don't have all the C++11 standard implemented like lambdas. Poor Lambdas...