Lightmap import in LE3.1 possible ?

YouGroove

Yes, you can actually lightmap using CSG in 3.0 and re-use them in 3.1, but you need a set of lightmap-shaders which will run in 3.1

I did a superquick test (all lightmapped in 3.0 and loaded in 3.1), but there could be problems in a more complex scene (and it's not a very smooth workflow using 2 editors)

post-747-0-61959600-1397808695_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

What do you mean about problems ?

I, fact i was more thinking in Blender Lightmaps import for advanced lightmaps and static 3D scenes.

So it would need some special UV shader then , not LE3.1 emissive.

I found some lightmap shader code , seems short but i'm not shader guru :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9234547/combining-two-texture-in-fragment-shader

Stop toying and make games

What was the ability of the LW3.0 lightmapper in Global Illumination? Could you get a Illuminated texture and light with it? Was it handling well bounced light? If it were as good as in Source, then your shaders could help a lot! Just me to find way to get LE3.0 if this work.tongue.png

For static models (not CSG), this can be done by baking the light into the diffuse texture. Done that a couple of time with Irrlicht.

What was the ability of the LW3.0 lightmapper in Global Illumination? Could you get a Illuminated texture and light with it? Was it handling well bounced light? If it were as good as in Source, then your shaders could help a lot! Just me to find way to get LE3.0 if this work

Pretty limited, i was thinking import for Blender baked lightmaps that will have far superior lightmap with SSAO, indirect illumination etc ... baked.

You should forget LE3 as it s obsolete now and no more maintained.

• Upvote 2

Stop toying and make games

Ha! Thanks. I now fully understand why Josh did not want to incorporate the lightmap system. Unity use BEAST, that is a middleware, acquired by Autodesk now, so they've not done it themselve and used another product to do it, since it require lot of work.

I was hoping to get better lighting effects on CSG (I used that a lot when I was modding with SourceSDK). Now, I'll hope that Josh would implement a way to allow the editor to export the CSG to external applications so we can use the level design we've done with the editor using the CSG and have a reference on the geometry for modeling assets that have baked global illumination.