Upgrading from 12.04 LTS to 14.04

digman

This is a good read about users upgrading from 12.04 LTS to Ubuntu 14.04 to run Leadwerks when 14.04 becomes the supported Ubuntu version for Leadwerks, I would think not in the too distance future.

12.04 LTS (Long Term Support) user will not receive the notice to upgrade till July when the first point release happens. The software updater will not show you the updated 14.04 according to article till July. I found that to be true.

Now you can do it from the terminal right now but I rather wait till the point release happens in the summer. I would think that some bugs will be found and squashed too.

This could as well be a moot point as you might still be able to run leadwerks on 12.04 till then and I have no idea when Josh is going to make the jump to 14.04 for Leadwerks.

The above is my personal choice and in no way reflects the choice of others or Josh's plans when he will make the switch..

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/04/upgrade-ubuntu-14-04-12-04

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Just got 14.04 64bit (first install on a new rig). The install will fail because the ia32-libs-multiarchs is no longer available.

How can I get it? The updater won't lauch without it.

Checked with google and seen it had been removed in 13.10 (supposedly because they considered this a huge hack)

Thanks! The new script installed the missing stuff. The Leadwerks_updater started and is installing the application now.

Uh oh! I will need to get a better video card in there. The intel HD4600 was good but only support Gl3.3 on Linux. (Strangely, their driver support GL4.0 on Windows)

But now the application install and launch.