The foundation of our new game development tools is here, with a close-to-the-metal framework for building desktop applications.
Close-to-the-Metal Framework for Desktop Applications
We're approaching the end of a loooooooooong cycle of research and development...several years, in fact, have been spent building the fastest game engine in the world. A great game engine needs a great user interface, and Ultra App Kit provides exactly what we need. This will provide the backbone of our new game editor, as well as a mechanism for user-created extensions. You can get your hands on this technology and start building your own desktop applications by backing our new crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. (You have the option to purchase through IndieGoGo or directly through our website at a later date.)
- Button (push, checkbox, radio, and toggle styles)
- Slider (scrollbar, trackbar, and stepper styles)
- Draggable multi-select TreeView
- Create your own!
- C++ shared pointers everywhere
- Extensible widgets system
- Extensive documentation with examples for each command
- Can be made to interface with C# and Lua
- Resolution independent for any DPI (16K+)
- Load SVG vector images
- Filter and sort widget items by name
- Set widget and item image
- Change mouse cursor
- Custom color schemes stored in JSON files
- File I/O
- File system watcher
- Memory allocation and management
- Image loading, saving, processing
- Package system for loading files from compressed / encrypted archives
- Plugin system
- Thread management
- String manipulation (split, match, conversion, etc.)
- Message boxes and file / folder requester
- $20,000: C# and Lua programming support
- $50,000: Linux and Mac support
- $80.000: Visual UI Designer
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean you can't help. Get the word out and make some noise about this campaign!
Thank you for your support!
About Leadwerks 5
Leadwerks Game Engine 5 is in development, with an initial release scheduled for spring 2021, with Vulkan graphics and 64-bit floating point support, Join our community and help shape the final design of our most advanced technology yet.