Bladequest - The First Chapter

• 0 comments
Website

GET THE GOLD EDITION ON STEAM!

FREE VERSON AVAILABLE HERE!

ABOUT THE FIRST CHAPTER

Bladequest: The First Chapter is a short, but highly atmospheric first person game experience, inspired by games like The Elder Scrolls, or the Gothic Series. It is called the “The First Chapter”, because it is one in a series of games, created to directly test existing game mechanics in field and step by step craft an awesome game from your feedback!

Be aware that The First Chapter does not reflect the final concept or scope of the final game! The GOLD edition is meant for those who want to support the project financially. By purchasing the game on Itch.io you support the project! If you don’t want to spend money for the game yet, because you are not convinced, visit this site to get access to the FREE version of The First Chapter! 

FEATURES WAITING FOR YOU

• Highly atmospheric game experience
  • Charming Polygon-Look
  • Carefully handcrafted dungeon rooms
  • Full-blown first person combat system
  • Undead infested castle
  • Different weapon types
  • Multiple color schemes to adjust the appearance of the game to your needs

EXTRA FEATURES IN THE GOLD EDITION

• 2 unique additional weapons
  • Ultra difficulty setting
  • 2 additional color schemes (“Supernatural” and “Poisoned”)
  • Even more opponents
  • Supports further development

WHY NO CROWDFUNDING/EARLY ACCESS?

Well I simply don’t like the idea of charging money, before my game meets my and your expectations and because I do almost everything on my own and are also willing to spent my own money to advance development I am not required to charge money from you. Still every single dollar helps increasing the quality of the game and advance the idea of Bladequest. I decided to offer The First Chapter GOLD Edition, as opportunity for you to support the development and at the same time giving you value and a first impression of what is to come. Be sure that your money is well invested when purchasing Bladequest – The First Chapter on Itch.io!

ABOUT BLADEQUEST

With Bladequest I would like to establish a new approach to game development. Instead of developing a game in my dark chamber and hoping it’s going to be good, I would like to actively let you be part of the design process of the game, in a new and exciting way. For that reason I created Bladequest - The First Chapter, which offers you the opportunity, to give early feedback, so you can expect an optimal game experience in the final game. That you have fun testing, Bladequest - TFC offers its own little story, and apart from the scope, everything else you would expect from a full-fledged game.

Since Bladequest is developed together with you, I intentionally did not introduce the final game concept, so there is enough room to create it together with you and to be respond to your wishes and ideas. That means The First Chapter does not reflect the concept of the final game. It is primarily about that the core mechanics, like the combat system, or other basic gameplay systems are getting tested and optimized to be fun in the end. Then those systems can get implemented into a cool game idea. Or short, just because The First Chapter was linear and story based, that does not have to apply to the finished Bladequest game. I actually have a pretty interesting concept in mind already, but we will talk about that, after I have more to show off.