Little gameplay with levels are generating on the fly each time random at app start.
All gameplay in Lua (files inside).
Only one stuff addded - callbacks support, so can't be runs with default Engine.exe
As for me this concept is heavy updated last time, and i don't think that be continue this as it is.
So you can use it as you wish if you want
- 100 NPC on scene
- NPCs activatin only when player on screen and NPC see player
- NPCs uses A* pathfinding to find player
- pathfinding.lua can be used in any project for 2D paths - it's total separate as i remember
- Scene generates from small cubic meshes, with default instancing it runs at 20 FPS
- On batches pack meshes gathered to big groups, each as single mesh, that's how i get more than 100FPS
- In each frame there's less than 50 separate entities on screen
- static_batching_pro.lua can be used in any Leadwerks2 project to pack static geometry, it's auto group meshes by worlds and materials.
Anyway - Roboland scene have only 2 materials, one for columns underwater, and another to all other scene.