Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

536 Excellent


About reepblue

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

11,350 profile views
  1. Thanks for that link, it pointed me to an application that I was looking for. http://orsvarn.com/entry/channel-shuffle/
  2. Sorta how Leadwerks knows what masks are your color. normal, and spec; how you name them. mytex, mytex_n, mytex_r, mytex_m, mytex_ao. I'm thinking that the editor would read your raw images copy the pixels and merge them into one image then output it as one dds texture.
  3. Set a standard, make a tool that merges peoples masks into one image, call it a day. You can have the editor detect these sheets and auto merge them
  4. Try making the platforms models and repeat the test. Sounds like the "If I add too many objects to my scene, it slows down" issue.
  5. Yeah, Ok. So The issue is that it's common to open Photoshop and merge all those outputted sheets into one images using the RBGA channels. However, there is no standard; people put whatever mask in whatever channel and then when they import it into an engine, they use the silly nodes to define what's their roughness/metal/AO/etc. Issue is that right now, Turbo doesn't have a node editor, and from the looks of it, Josh wants a standard which is non-existent within the art space. Really big mess right now.
  6. @wadaltmon Does it merge all the masks into one image or outputs one by one separately?
  7. the gltf model actually loads each image as a separate mask like how we were doing things in Leadwerks. To be completely honest, this is the most easiest method.
  8. Blender 2.8 has a material node system. It's pretty similar what you'll find in Unreal. There is no real standard for any of this.
  9. The issue is that other engines/tools allow the end user to pick what mask goes in what channel; creating the fragmentation. I used to put my roughness in Red, metal in Green, and AO in Blue personally. There can be an issue when it comes time for artist to port their assets in the new engine. To be fair, I think most people just want to copy and paste their textures and to create a material file. A fixer/mask importer app would be nice.
  10. Might not be much help, but here is an example of using cmake for a Super Mario Clone. You can see the definitions for gcc and MSVC. https://github.com/jakowskidev/uMario_Jakowski?files=1
  11. From what I understand, you can use the same CMake script for both platforms. There is a bit of if statements and switches you can implement. Not getting what's the concern minus the mess of dependences and preprocessors. (Or that's it and you don't want to be bothered, lol)
  12. Really cool. I have some assets that I'm working on in which I can't wait to use in Turbo. 🙂
  13. The editor is gimped on Linux, and you can't collapse models (not even with the command parameter, the model will crash the editor).
  14. Lua scripts still work, you just removed the entry point being the Main.lua script. You can execute any script using a function call. Check out App.cpp for more details.
  • Create New...