For those who work in a team!

How do you guys work together? Do you each have your own specific job orr.... do you all learn it all as a team and try to do it all together, are you guys working in the same room? Or are you spread apart from each other? Me and a few dudes are actually excited to work together and what not but we liove quite a bit away from each other. We are going to use an FTP client and what not to spread our files to each other but is that enough? What do you guys recommend, in terms of what makes a good organized team on making a video game?

I think one of the most important things in any team, is a good vibe/team spirit, dedication, communication, mutual interests (game ideas), and honesty. :)

Roland and me have been a team (and still are) for two years (could be more biggrin.png ). I'm very proud of that and also very happy that i got to know Roland. He's become a very good friend, fun to work with, and we do share the same ideas. :)

Also important, is find a good solution to share and store your project (files). We also live away far from each other, but have been managing quite good so far.

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Yeah me and the guys Rick, Dan and Dave use Google Drive and have put our .werk file up there so we all work from the same project. We each have our own specific roles as you can guess Rick does the programming and myself I like to do loads of things. Dave does artwork and modelling and Dan does level design in Leadwerks. We call each other on Skype when we need to talk, other than that we have a pretty tight workflow and everyone knows what they are doing. It's defo possible man :D

I'm using SVN for a project that I'm working on, my friend is currently only working on the server (at-least until he can afford his own Leadwerks copy), but we also have the project including the netcode documentated in the SVN too