How to paint terrain in Leadwerks 3.2?

ddabrahim

Hi, I'm new to Leadwerks 3 and I would like to get some help with Terrain painting.

My problem is that, when I select the painting tool in terrain editor and I click on a layer, nothing happens, can't paint the terrain. The only thing I can do is to select minimum and maximum slope and height for every layer (texture) and when I sculpt the terrain it change the layer (texture) at some point, but as there is a painting tool to choose I think we can paint the selected texture on the terrain somehow but I don't know how and also can't find tutorials. The only tutorial I find is for Leadwerks 2.x but the terrain painting just don't work that way in v3.2 as I can't choose (assign) layer to paint.

Anybody could help me please?

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

If I'm double click on diffuse under layer, it only open the texture editor for me, I can't paint textures. I can add textures to layer 1,2,3,4,,6,7,8.... but I can't choose any of them to paint, I can only set minimum, maximum height where the layer start, stop. But I would like to "paint" any texture anywhere on the terrain as in 3D world studio for example.

Have you changed the slope min and slope max angles fo the base layer they can influence if a texture can be painted or not depending on terrain slope.

(Note : There is no erase texture in LE3 from what i know erase a texture from terrain , make layer paint = 0)

Stop toying and make games

Okay, something is happening now. Depending on min-max slope and height settings I can paint the higher layer on the top of the lower layer for example I can paint layer 3 on the top of layer 2, layer 4 on the top of layer 3 and so on. Well, It not something I was expecting, I wish we could paint any layer anywhere as in 3D World Studio. unsure.png

But at least we have 16 layers to play around with.laugh.png

Thanks for all help smile.png

You seemed to fix your problem, but for others I found Aggors You Tube tutorial on terrain sculpting.

It is for the old Leadwerks but it is much the same.

For painting http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLC272E30DD2883EC3&v=-6socw4zmPA. This tutorial is also for the older version but Aggors explains the basics well.

There is also a Terrain.map in your map folder which gives you a more up to date example.

Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help, the tutorial videos are very useful, well explained. I wish that we would have all the terrain options of v2 in v3, such as base layer to blend a texture in to all layers, grass panting, visibility and shininess. Pretty cool features. I hope that they going to be implemented in v3 in the future.

Thanks again smile.png