Terrain editor

ddabrahim

I'm new to Leadwerks maybe this features are already planned or suggested. I was playing around with the terrain editor in the past few days, and there are some features that I think would be really useful to have, such as:

-base layer: to blend a texture in to all layers

-vegetation painting: to paint grass

-entity painting: to paint just about any models on the terrain if we need many, such as trees, rocks, barrels, crates, dead bodies, enemies, anything

-shininess: to set the shininess of selected layer, can be useful for ice, snow textures for example

-visibility: to remove parts of the terrain to create caves and tunnels, or maybe a tool that dedicated to dig hole in to the terrain in a horizontal line.

Thanks smile.png

-vegetation painting: to paint grass :

It will be implemented in the future.

-entity painting: to paint just about any models on the terrain if we need many, such as trees, rocks, barrels, crates, dead bodies, enemies, anything

This is not terrain feature , but Editor feature. Having some entity selected, each time you clik on level on "entity paint" mode, it would place the entity on the level where you clicked, could it be click on terrain , on BSP floor or on any model based level.

This is how it's done on some Unity plugin for example.

-shininess: to set the shininess of selected layer, can be useful for ice, snow textures for example

I agree and i asked that long time ago, we have diffuse and normal map, the specular map is missing, specially for floors texture having some rocks , desert sand, snow/icde.

Stop toying and make games