[SOLVED]mdls that cross the skybox disappear

afecelis

Hi guys,

I imported some models from the workshop and the posteffects pack found here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/485-posteffect-pack-with-manager/

The post effects work fine and its script manager in the scene tab is awesome, however, when I drop the bamboo models and run the game, any part of the model that intersects with the skybox disappears:

bamboos_shadows.jpg

Also, to group the bamboos, I created a pivot and used it as an empty to put the models inside, but after doing this the bamboos stopped casting shadows.

Is there another way to create an empty or groups?

regards,

Alvaro F. Celis

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Indeed, but it's only a problem with the posteffects pack. I ran a couple of tests.

1. Removing the skybox from the script's options: The bamboos show up OK:

bamboos_noskybox.jpg

2. Creating a big box on top of the level and adding the skybox.texture.mat to it: bamboos show up ok, but then I get no lighting (from the directional light) inside. (the lighting at the end is an occlusion effect more than real illumination).

bamboos_skyboxmat.jpg

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

In the 'Root' of your level, there's now an option to choose a skybox .mat or .tex file to your scene. It should fix the models (using transparency) not showing up in front of the skybox. ;-)

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Yessssssss! That did it! Thanks a lot ChrisV biggrin.png

So it's even simpler to create a skybox now in Leadwerks 3.2! And I can still leave the posteffects pack attached to the player, turn off its skybox and still be able to use the other shader fx! cool!

bamboos_skybox_ok.jpg

this is what I love about these forums!

regards,

Alvaro

• Upvote 1

You're welcome, Alvaro! Glad it's sorted out. smile.png

As for skyboxes, don't forget to check out my packs on Steam. Plenty more skyboxes to come. tongue.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

As for skyboxes, don't forget to check out my packs on Steam. Plenty more skyboxes to come

Checking them right away! :D

Nice! Thanks a lot ChrisV! What are you creating them with? Terragen? Bryce? Keep'em coming! :D I'd love some blue skies with clouds.

skybox_chrisV.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hey Chris! Thanks a lot for your help and guidance, I was able to create my own skyboxes again! :D I hope to share some of them soon on the workshop.

skybox_chrisV_01.jpg