About Texture Quality

MetalAZ

What's the trick to improving quality of textures when up close? I noticed on the ground and on models when I get real close the texture is blurry or looks like really low resolution. The screenshot attached is one of the textures that came with Leadwerks. I also tried other textures but had the same problem. I did use the diffuse, normal, and displacement files. Out of curiosity I tried Unity 3D and textures looked great on it up close.

I've attached a picture of what I'm referring to. It's one of the included textures (I'm using version 3.2 Indie from Steam).

post-12352-0-87575000-1405284435.jpg

Try turning off texture compression. Also, if you have set the texture loading to deferred or any other that isn't default, it won't load the correct resolution. I've noticed that when I used it with GUI (The crosshair would be blurry)

I have noticed the decrease in texture quality on terrain textures also. Must be something in the conversion, or something similar. My terrain textures look high detailed and crisp before importing in LE, but they clearly loose detail/get blurry after import/conversion. I think this should be added to the bug section.

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3