Controller - Body overlapping (LE 2.5)

Arska134

Hi. Just quick question if someone remembers anything about 2.5. I have problem that controller overlaps little bit 1x1x1 sized cube body, so it it kind of gets stuck on those bodies. I am using Sweptcollision(), but it's not helping at all. And there is lot of these bodies in my project. (over 3000)

Controller creation:

player=CreateController(1.8, 0.3, 0, 45, 1.3)

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

Maps are made like this. So now when i jump to wall it little bit goes inside of those bodies and won't slide to ground. Help appreciated.

project.png

• Upvote 1

Windows 7 Ultimate | Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80 ghz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | Leadwerks 2.5 | Blitzmax

So idk if this will help you but i'm attaching a link to the new location of all the LE 2.5 documentation. I would highly recommend you bookmark this if you are still using LE 2.X

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/le2

as far as your particular issue. I'm going to assume that you've tried turning off sweep collisions correct? If i'm understanding your issue properly is that when your character runs and jumps, when it contacts the wall, it gets "stuck" and doesn't slide down the wall. Or are you stating that when you walk to the edge of a wall b/c it is too big it doesn't fall down the wall.

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

So idk if this will help you but i'm attaching a link to the new location of all the LE 2.5 documentation. I would highly recommend you bookmark this if you are still using LE 2.X

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/le2

as far as your particular issue. I'm going to assume that you've tried turning off sweep collisions correct? If i'm understanding your issue properly is that when your character runs and jumps, when it contacts the wall, it gets "stuck" and doesn't slide down the wall. Or are you stating that when you walk to the edge of a wall b/c it is too big it doesn't fall down the wall.

Yes i have bookmarked command reference long time ago. And yes first one is correct.

it gets "stuck" and doesn't slide down the wall.

Controller little bit penetrates the wall.

Maybe the fact that your controller stepheight is being set to 0 that's causing an issue? Maybe try 0.2? Also, in earlier versions of LE2, we had to play around a lot with the physics iteration parameter in the controller:Update() function. You could try increasing/decreasing that value to see if it helps.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Maybe the fact that your controller stepheight is being set to 0 that's causing an issue? Maybe try 0.2? Also, in earlier versions of LE2, we had to play around a lot with the physics iteration parameter in the controller:Update() function. You could try increasing/decreasing that value to see if it helps.

Hmm... looks like it helps little bit. If i put stepheight to negative values like -0.2, it won't get stuck if i jump to wall and then press nothing it slides down, but when i keep pressing button againist wall it kind of "graps" in wall. If i let go then it slides down again. Very frustrating.. :/ Any ideas?

Edit: It penetrates wall when i keeps pressing against it. Any way to avoid that and not letting controller get inside of block?

what does your controller:Update() function look like? did you try turning up the iterations parameter?

updatecontroller(player, 0,0,move*12, jump,50, 1, crouch)

I tried to turn it to 10, but not change.

Edit: with 1000 iterations it slides down but FPS drops very low. (20 fps)

Edit 2: Looks like it sometimes gets stuck in the ground when jumping. (Go little bit trough ground)

and swept collisions are turned on on all those boxes? i don't know at this point... other than to make the boxes physics body one solid entity instead separate one for each box? if all the boxes are meant to be static then no reason not to make everything use one physics body...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

and swept collisions are turned on on all those boxes? i don't know at this point... other than to make the boxes physics body one solid entity instead separate one for each box? if all the boxes are meant to be static then no reason not to make everything use one physics body...

Yes swept collision is on. Problem is that those blocks are destroyable. :/ Blocks are static, but there is no way to make controller be able to interact without a body in blocks.(?)