LE:3.2 ladders? [fixed]

dennis

Are you using Lua or C++?

In general I think the idea is to switch away from using the character controller as it's not set up to climb ladders, as far as I know. When the character gets to the ladder, use your own code to have it climb up or down. When the character leaves the ladder, switch back to using the character controller.

or you cold have a ladder flag and if the character controller is on a ladder as indicated by the flag, set the mass of your character to 0 and when the flag indicates that the player is no longer on a ladder, the mass is then set back to the value previously. I think this would have a less of an effect on the computer.

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

Hey guys,

Thanks for your reply!! Maybe do a raycast on the ladder, change the camrotation towards the ladder. Use the use button to start climbing sequence (from a function) then move te character to the end of the ladder.

Or use the W button to start climbimg and release the character controller while climbing so if you stop climbing itvwill coke back again?

Would that be a possible approach?

• 6 months later...

Just reading this, though its an older post, because I was wondering the same thing. I don't know if a ray cast would be necessary if you follow the scheme I've seen followed by other games, where the ladder is actually wrapped by a specialize collider. Then, it would seem a flag could be set to tell if you're on the ladder, which would then allow moving up/down. But, you'd still need the logic that would stop you when you from moving into the floor/ceiling. Some engines I think have ladder handling built in, based on an invisible ladder texture used to wrap the bounding box of a ladder (like in the Doom III). If its not built into the engine, its examined by some script(s).

Just reading this, though its an older post, because I was wondering the same thing. I don't know if a ray cast would be necessary if you follow the scheme I've seen followed by other games, where the ladder is actually wrapped by a specialize collider. Then, it would seem a flag could be set to tell if you're on the ladder, which would then allow moving up/down. But, you'd still need the logic that would stop you when you from moving into the floor/ceiling. Some engines I think have ladder handling built in, based on an invisible ladder texture used to wrap the bounding box of a ladder (like in the Doom III). If its not built into the engine, its examined by some script(s).

would be nice at some point for the Leadwerks engine to handle trigger's for ladder's as like the source does as well(aggror's video on ladder's does good though for the mean time) built in crouching would be nice to.

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

I purchase all my characters and none so far come with a climbing animation, so ladders are out for me. I can do most things in programming or art work but animating charscters is not one of them.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I purchase all my characters and none so far come with a climbing animation, so ladders are out for me. I can do most things in programming or art work but animating charscters is not one of them.

same here, I can fix and use say already existing animation, of course for my player stiff/robotic animation's is what I do need, I'll probably at least give a shot at it.

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

3D models and tex (former dexsoft) is selling models with climbing animations ;) maybe something to check out. at least the new marine packs do so