Selecting multple objects (rectangle)

Olby

Hi,

After sitting on LE for a while I decided to give it a try in a real project environment. Right off the bat I hit a massive show stopper. How do you draw a selection box to highlight multiple brushes/models?

Thanks.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Asked more than a year ago and many times after.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/6778-select-tools/page__hl__rectangle

Working with LE3 is more frustration than pleasure compared to other 3D engines.

The editor and tools have never been the priority in LE3 , small littlle things can take a year or lot more to come, It's like that you'll have to do with it. sleep.png

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

This is a ridiculous flaw. With no grouping and no selection box the only option is to shift-click items in the scene tab. Very disappointing. sad.png

I know it is frustrating. Especially, like yougroove said, when this has been requested many times over the past 18 months.

As for grouping: you can use pivots to group objects together. However this unveils another annoying missing feature: you can only drag 1 item at the time to that pivot in order to group it.

• Upvote 1

As for grouping: you can use pivots to group objects together. However this unveils another annoying missing feature: you can only drag 1 item at the time to that pivot in order to group it.

The problem of pivot is that you loose lot of time creating them, dragging objects into them. When you need to move some object to another location you have to go to scene hierarchy and remove it from pivot ,same if you delete or add objects. Pivots would just be a pain (another suggested feature was folders in the scene tab something present in other engines making easy level management)

Rectangle selection goal is for fast workflow , like select some stones or trees move them aways, quick select some other trees and place them near etc ... fast workflow only possible with multi selection tool. Almost all 3D / CAD / other apps tools dealing with objects have that laugh.png

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

Both the rectangle as well as the grouping is just something that should be in a program. I can't believe it is still not there.

You took words out of my mouth. I'm really surprised this has not yet been addressed by Josh. Frankly I can not imagine how anyone could work on a level that is anything more than just a bunch of boxes.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)