Installing Leadwerks 3.1 on Windows 7

Shaping

I just found the Leadwerks 3.1 download e-mail from 2014-04-04. Somehow, I missed it, or I've got e-mail problems again. I did a clean install, but first removed the old 3.0 install from C:\Leadwerks. The new 3.1 install was written to C:\Program Files (x86) by default. Is this the new convention? I used LeadwerksUpdater.exe dated 2014-04-05. Do I have the latest 3.1 updater?

When I launched Leadwerks 3.1, it declared that it could not find a file it was looking for in C:\Leadwerks (the old location, now deleted). If this is a clean install, why is Leadwerks 3.1 looking for any files in any directory besides the new install directory?

Where exactly are we supposed to look when we want to download the latest Leadwerk 3.1 installer?

If you look here

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Leadwerks

Your .cfg file is probably still there so if you remove it or perhaps the whole folder it will reset.

Cheers

Yes, I understand that the hack may work, but why did the install not just work? I started from zero, and got a bad install. That means the installer is not cleaning up the old config file or making a new one to agree with the new install directory.

I found the Leadwerks.cfg file, but none of the paths look wrong. Can someone tell me where to download a Leadwerks 3.1 installer that does a correct, clean, working install into a designated directory (default or other). "Working" means that the new install does not look for files where they don't exist, and so doesn't auto-create a project to fill-in for what it could not find.

le 3.1 creates a folder called leadwerks on the c drive. It contains your projects.Don;t know if this is anything to do with it.

3.0 did that. 3.1 does not.

As a matter of interest where can the 3.1 updater be obtained? I see nothing about it in cltent area.

Indeed. This is what I see under my purchases:

packages-0652407001386473955.png

Leadwerks 3.1 Upgrade Pre-Order

Purchased: 25 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Thank you for your order. Please follow the Leadwerks Company Blog for the release of Leadwerks 3.1.

If I click on leadwerks 3 in my client area I go to the downloaders.

post-45-0-00724200-1408822910_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-95160300-1408822917_thumb.jpg

The download for Leadwerks 3.1 should be accessed at least by the Leadwerks 3.1 link. Why would one choose to click on the root node named "Leadwerks 3 Beta" when one wants Leadwerks 3.1 or 3.2? Can someone please fix this page?

I installed using the downloaded zip file from the root node (Leadwerks 3 Beta). It installed 3.0 in C:\Leadwerks, as expected, not 3.1.

The link (how did you find it?) above installs 3.2 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Leadwerks. Is this the new default location?

That link was send to Kickstarter backers who pledged enough for a license since their keys aren't tied to forum accounts.

And yes just "Leadwerks" is the new default install location.

Above I observed that C:\Program Files (x86)\Leadwerks is the default location. Do you mean to say that C:\Leadwerks is actually the default location? If so, why does it not appear in the path box in the updater?

That link was send to Kickstarter backers who pledged enough for a license since their keys aren't tied to forum accounts.

And yes just "Leadwerks" is the new default install location.

That seems more than a little roundabout. Why can't I as a standard license owner just find the right link for the latest version of the C++/Lua version of Leadwerks 3.2?

Also, I noticed that the menu bar in Leadwerks 3.2 is looking loud and unpleasant with all-capital letters. Can we please use initial caps only, as is the convention?

I did a clean install to win 7 recently using the 3.1 updater without problems. I did a copy of my project files first but otherwise did nothing but update.

The above updater shows "3.1" for the version in the combo box, but installs 3.2.

Josh, did you intend that, or did you forget to change the 3.1 to 3.2, or is something else happening?

Josh, is a new build coming soon?

I still don't know how generally to obtain the latest normal (C++/Lua) build from the client area. It was not there this time. DerRidda ultimately posted the correct link above, this time, and I don't know how to find that link on my own.