[win 8.1] EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION on loading tutorial maps

Tommek

I removed all AMD video drivers and the software ran perfectly. Updated to latest AMD beta driver, back to not working. Just going to have to find the last stable version and install. Will also try to submit the issue within AMD forums.

On Windows?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

So I rolled back my AMD drivers to version 14.4 and noticed something interesting. After the fresh install my settings were defaulted to have Crossfire enabled. I ran Leadwerks and everything worked perfectly. I then went into Catalyst Control and disabled Crossfire (my normal preference setting, as I have my primary monitor on one HD7870 and my two auxiliary monitors on the second HD7870) and attempted to run Leadwerks again, this time receiving the error. I decided to then test this out on the more recent driver versions. I had the same results on version 14.9, and received a "runtime error R6025 -pure virtual function call" message when running with driver 14.11.2 (beta) and Crossfire enabled (exception_access_violation when disabled). So for now, it seems that I will stick with version 14.9 and will just have to continue enabling Crossfire before deciding to work with Leadwerks, which doesn't seem like too much of a hassle. I'll still continue to look for a solution to the problem, whether it be with new driver updates or a different configuration with my settings and/or setup.