Update 3.2 is not displaying the UI

randomkeyhits

I purchased the indie version earlier this week, fired it up and was able run the tutorial maps and generally have a look around.

Yesterday I decided to grab the sci-fi DLC and fired it up to have a look. Steam told me it was downloading a new version of the software so I waited for that to go through.

Fired it up, got the splash window and it said it was downloading the DLC, the splash then went but the editor window never appeared. In the stdout the synchronise with workshop all went through ok without errors.

The Leadwerks process is running and consuming a little CPU, the window manager believes there is a Leadwerks window and jumps me to it but it is currently not rendering.

Decided to purge the application from my machine and download again but I got the same results.

My setup is Debian Jessie (testing), latest NVidia drivers, up to date Steam, other steam items are running ok.

My experience with Steam and purchases under it so far has been "just use it" so I've not had to worry about doing any problem determination so far. Is there any standard debugging/logging options I can activate to help resolve this?

content over form, game play over all.

It's downloading the DLC for you - there is unfortunately not much indication of this, if you just wait a little while it should finish downloading and resume working normally

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Hmmm

The DLC downloaded reasonably quickly 107,950,381 byte zip file.

It is possible its taking a long time to process it? I left the app running for half an hour and there was no indication it was doing anything apart from the small amount of CPU it was consuming. I'll let it run longer and see if anything happens.

Thanks.

Just a quick note here - the only supported linux flavor is Ubuntu and only the latest LTS. So unless you can replicate your bug there josh is going to close this as a non bug.

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

My setup is Debian Jessie (testing), latest NVidia drivers, up to date Steam, other steam items are running ok.

As was pointed out, we support Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit LTS. Other distros are "use at your own risk". Unfortunately, it's just not possible to test all the various distros.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

No worries, I've been a Linux desktop user since '98 so being in this situation is nothing new.

A little lateral thinking and I've found the real problem, which is not your fault (I think!) and a way to resolve. I'll record it here in case its of use to someone else.

I use a 6x1 pager on my desktop and enlightenment as my window manager. I first used Leadwerks on the 4th pane and after downloading the sci-fi DLC and starting for the first time for the day the splash started on the 6th pane and then when it disappeared the GUI didn't appear. Using the goto window functionality in E It kept taking me to the 6th pane. From what I can tell It was looking for a four pane offset from the 4th pane which meant pane 8 which I don't have.

The fix ended up being easy and as follows

type eesh

This gets you into the enlightenment ui command shell

type wl

This lists the #id for all active windows including leadwerks

type wop #window_id_of_leadwerks fullscreen

This made the app full screen, interestingly enough back on pane 4.

I could then use the alt-right mouse click in the window to get the various options to resize/move so it didn't appear in a non existant area.

Now to work!

Edit:

Found an easier way to bring the window back

type wop #window_id_of_leadwerks move 0 0

and it brings the window to the top left of whichever pane you are in, no resizing needed.

• Upvote 2