Crash , Crash , Crash.. My 30 minute project simply Poofed !.

seifeldin

Now i have got back my steam account after being hijacked and every thing is doing well untill i started to practice on my project all over from Leadwerk, And i was surprised that actually this awesome engine worthes each single penny so far.. Untill i realized i crashed + My data was erased, I then started a new project with a new save, and once i pressed Run .. It again stopped but with out erasing the data, i wanna test my game and i can't cause of this problem once i press run , It freeze + Crash. I tryed both fixes opening from view > Grid and changing the desktop shortcut directory.. Nothing actually works, And my PC fits even more than maximum requirements + am 64 bit. So please please help me out.

What graphics card do you have?

Backups of your maps are saved in Documents\Leadwerks\Backup.

Your project still exists, it probably just isn't being loaded at startup. Open the project manager and press the "Import" button.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What graphics card do you have?

Backups of your maps are saved in Documents\Leadwerks\Backup.

Your project still exists, it probably just isn't being loaded at startup. Open the project manager and press the "Import" button.

Nvidia Gt force 430 3-4 giga hertz.

Any chance you are subscribed to workshop items? That process happens in the background but can still cause leadwerks to freeze.

No i didn't subscribe to any workshop not a single one.

Are you opt in to the beta?

So if you create a new project (lua?) and try to run it, it immediatly freezes and crashes?

I don't know what you mean but Opt in beta, But when i create a new Lua project all good it may freeze for a sec or two then all goes fine

And i start implenting Doors , Terrarian and project but Once i click Run It freezes + I click it to may re-respond .. It simply give me message to close the program cause it's not responding.

Ive noticed when I open a browser with Leadwerks open and then return to leadwerks is when it crashes for me usually. Exception Error or something o that effect. very frustrating and very annoying to say the least But Im trying several different things to try to narrow it down including unsubscribing from work shop items which in turn removes them from their availability for me as well.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Ive noticed when I open a browser with Leadwerks open and then return to leadwerks is when it crashes for me usually.

On linux at least this is a known bug with following work arounds;

• Dont open browsers from leadwerks
  • Close the browser entirely before returning
  • Make sure the browser is open and fully loaded before opening a browser from leadwerks ( this should auto transfer the request to the existing browser and end the synchronous command immediately )

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

On linux at least this is a known bug with following work arounds;

• Dont open browsers from leadwerks
  • Close the browser entirely before returning
  • Make sure the browser is open and fully loaded before opening a browser from leadwerks ( this should auto transfer the request to the existing browser and end the synchronous command immediately )

This kinda makes sense, cause the Training project am working on is actually on youtube to make me some what as they say get used to leadwerks and Lua, So maybe that's the reason it's crashing cause iam opening the borwser > youtube, I will download the video then and see what happens.

As I try to figure out lua and any kind of ability to add to a script or edit one, i look on the net with FireFox to attempt to find examples or how to set the codes up. I just open it and yes, if I leave it open, it seems to crash leadwerks.

Other forums have many many topics in their forums and user contributed material that can be used. One topic I miss dearly is the scripts topic and the user contributed files and suggestions. biggrin.png

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

As I try to figure out lua and any kind of ability to add to a script or edit one, i look on the net with FireFox to attempt to find examples or how to set the codes up. I just open it and yes, if I leave it open, it seems to crash leadwerks.

Other forums have many many topics in their forums and user contributed material that can be used. One topic I miss dearly is the scripts topic and the user contributed files and suggestions. biggrin.png

It was the browser problem as it appeared to be when i closed Chrome totally it actually ran the project, But a big failure to me.. So before this discussions turn to Solved, I really wanna ask a simple question request to me a channel or a person that i can come up to ask him, Can you give me a Tutorial on how to make a really simple Fps puzzle game , Or a game that can make me get used to leadwerks, Cause seems this youtuber am watching Too fast, And simply talking to him self not to the audience and learners.

• 1 year later...