How to create .tex files from blender?

JohnBobSmith

Hello again. I am trying to export my model, but it needs a .tex file. I read online that I need to bake a texture for it to work, but my bake menu is non existent, and heres a pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d7qxqroxm26csv/blender_render_menu_missing.png?dl=0

So my questions are:

1) Why is there no bake menu? Every tutorial on the web has this bake menu.

2) How to create .tex files from blender?

I'm using blender 2.69 with cycles render, will upgrade soon if needed.

All help appreciated!

I'm an enthusiast developer looking to make games for Linux. :D

Okay, so I'm encountering a slightly different problem now. I can export my model just fine, but when I load it in leadwerks it has no texture. To fix this, I go to the exported material, give it a diffuse shader and my .tex texture, and then save the material and save the model in leadwerks and then it shows up correctly. Any ideas as to why the material, upon export, doesnt have a shader or the image already present? Its a bit of an anoyance, but I was able to correct it myself.

Now to not suck so much at UV mapping...

I'm an enthusiast developer looking to make games for Linux. :D

What is your workflow? Basically, this is how you should import textures into Leadwerks.

1. Place source image in your project folder, Leadwerks will automatically generate a .mat file.

2. Right click on the newly created .tex file within Leadwerks and click on the Generate Material option.

3. If your model appears white, then open you model in the model viewer and drag the new material onto the model in the viewer.

4. If your model appears black, then use one of the options (probably Angular Threshold under the normals command in the model viewer)

Some programs produce .mat files, but these will likely not be compatible with the Leadwerks .mat file format. I would ignore any .mat files that haven't been produced in Leadwerks, since these vary widely across the board.