Feedback needed for FlowGUI

AggrorJorn

I am not that far away from releasing the beta version for FlowGUI. Before I do so I want to see what the communities wishes are regarding GUI. Currently FlowGUI supports the following:

• buttons
  • checkboxes
  • radio buttons
  • sliders
  • labels
  • text areas
  • GUIStyles

If you want to see something that isn't on the list, please leave a comment below. I can't make any promises but It will give me a nice indication on what you you guys want.

• Upvote 5

That seems like a pretty thorough list to me. Of course the resolution scaling, if implemented correctly, is the most important feature. Ease of use is also important. Finally, I'm not sure if your FlowGUI does this but I'd like to be able to create and destroy buttons purely by code, instead of requiring XAML like Noesis seems to.

Thanks for working on this!

everything can be created by Script. For instance when you create a new button you can do some of the following things.

myButton = FG_Button:Create()
myButton:SetPosition(10, 20)
myButton:SetScale(200, 60)
myButton:SetStyle(style)
myButton:SetText("button text")
myButton:SetTransparency(0-1)
myButton:SetColor
myButton:SetNormalImage(image)
myButton:SetHoverImage(image)
myButton:SetClickColor(image)
myButton:OnHoverEvent
myButton:OnClickEvent
myButton:OnDownEvent
myButton:Active(true/false)
myButton:Enabled(true/false)
myButton:Destroy()

• Upvote 1

Ah shoot, is this only Lua?

I saw a C++ one in the workshop ...I couldn't find a good lua one ...so I am glad Aggror made this one.

And sorry Aggror I do not have any feedback, it seems pretty good to me...and useful.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Im thinking as long as its well documented and has what you have so far, its gonna be a hit. Wouldnt it be nice to have an asset store where you could benefit from selling this GUI?

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

I would like labels to be able to wrap text and perhaps have coloring formatting as well. Something like:

lbl.Text = "{c='r', f='times'}This will be red and in ny times font {c='b'}while this will be blue and this entire thing will wrap based on the height"

where {} is a table (you could parse the table out) that defines color and font (c, f).

or something like that.

Also list boxes (not just combo) would be nice.

Where can i download it from?

He told me today its not ready yet, it will be ready maybe 4 weeks from now.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Where can i download it from?

It is not out yet. I spend some time setting up the webshop as well as finishing the gui scaling, which can be quite nasty for some elements. I think it will be ready within 4 weeks. I do not work on this fulltime as I have a job as well as my own projects that I work on.

I would like labels to be able to wrap text and perhaps have coloring formatting as well. Something like:

lbl.Text = "{c='r', f='times'}This will be red and in ny times font {c='b'}while this will be blue and this entire thing will wrap based on the height"

where {} is a table (you could parse the table out) that defines color and font (c, f).

or something like that.

Also list boxes (not just combo) would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback Rick. You can set the font and color for individual gui element. Text can be wrapped in both width and height if desired.

label:SetColor(Vec4())
label:SetFont(fontpath, size)