Support for .qb files?

casey0726

Was just wondering if maybe you'd consider supporting Qubicle Constructor models. Here's the link to their website http://www.minddesk.com/. I know they already support unity and I think it'd be awesome if you could work with them to make a plugin for leadwerks. It's seem like it'd be a great option since their also planning on selling their program on steam. So people could buy leadwerks off steam and they could also buy an easy to use voxel modeling program for the games their creating with it.

• Upvote 1

Currently these are the export formats as of 1.6 Export OBJ, QEF, XML, RAWVOX, Minecraft .SCHEMATIC, VOX, VXL. Currently their still working on 2.0 for steam, so I don't know if in the future they'll provide more export options. It's actually kind of fun to use and from what I've seen the models are fairly easys to animate. However If you use them in the engine as a regular 3d model file, the polygon count would be too high. Reason I was wondering if you'd consider support for .qb files. I do think if you were to implement it, it'd give more options for art assests in the engine than what is currently available since the vox models are easier to create.

So, I just posted over on their forums askings about it and this is what he said,

"There's no plugin needed any longer and no workaround either. Q2 can export optimized meshes ac OBJ, Collada and FBX."

So as soon as they release 2.0 I guess their will be no need for a plugin. :D Sorry to suggest something that didn't need suggesting.