Mesh Models do not affect navmesh

Einlander

I think I might know what is happening here, but I might be totally off :P.

Anyway, The polymesh isn't actually assigned (or even created maybe?) in the editor, just in game. So, the navmesh doesn't know this shape exists. I don't know if this is a bug necessarily, because that could just be Josh's design, but I'm not sure. One way around this is to generate the polymesh or convex hull and load it onto the mesh under the physics tab. This will allow the navmesh to correctly take into account this object.

You can make some csg as children to the model and mark each one as shape hint. That would probably be better than using the model as the physics shape as it's more complex than it needs to be. If you want you can pain the csg with the invisible mat so you don't see it during design time. If you mark as shape hint during runtime those csg's get removed and just used as making the shape for the model. It would be much more basic so "faster" than using the model itself.

I understand that approach rick, but at this point in my level i have so many objects that its getting tedious to navigate them. I just don't want to add more trees to the list. And then there is the issue of when you add a prefab or load a map sometimes it expands everything. If i can just have it in one compartmentalized package i would be happy.

• 3 months later...