Flip Animated Mesh

nick.ace

I have an animated set of hands for a game I'm working on. The problem is that when I animated them, I animated them so that the main character is right-handed. For some reason, when I export the mesh is reversed in that it becomes a left handed mesh.

Is there a way via Leadwerks to basically flip the mesh? Or would I need to modify a shader to allow this to happen? I tried to do negative scaling, but that sort of messes up the local coordinates for things like rotation.

What 3D modeling program do you use? It seems like the mesh gets flipped the wrong way on export? Maybe there's some option to change the handedness or orientation when you export the model? :)?

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Nick, try this: in UU3D import your model, save as directx 9 and mark the option 'flip handedness' on export...then, re-import the directx file you just saved and save back as .fbx. That should fix it. Just tried it with an animated/rigged .fbx model, and it worked for me. smile.png

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Well, I reached my like quota today, Chris. tongue.png

Anyway, thanks so much for this tip! It worked really well!

Well, i didn't. So, there you go! biggrin.png

Glad i could help you! smile.png

• Upvote 1