Model editor freaks out

No - which is not much of a supprise as it seems to be a windows issue with 13.12 ( the "linux" google picks up on is from the page tree in the side bar )

blink.png Sorry ... I went through some of the links, but missed to check for OS, you are right. That was windows. Well, I hope this gets solved.

3.4 is scheduled for release Monday, if AMD releases the driver update before then. I'm not going to make any changes until after the 3.4 launch because I don't want to destabilize anything, but I will investigate this in depth afterwards. Bone data is stored in a uniform buffer and obviously that isn't working here, for some reason. Will also be curious to see what Nvidia says about it. Even if it's not a vendor-specific bug they might know some little nuance of the Linux graphics pipeline that explains it.

Another thing I plan to try post-3.4 is creating FBOs for each context. FBOs do not get shared across contexts (big mistake in the design of OpenGL, IMO) and so the engine constantly has to switch back to a base/default hidden context whenever render-to-texture is utilized. I suspect eliminating that will give us a pretty big speed boost on Linux and Windows. I did something similar with occlusion queries, which also do not get shared across contexts, and the results were good.

• Upvote 4

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem has to do with the bone data stored in the uniform buffer that is sent to the shader. I thought I had a solution to this. It turns out, my solution works one way in debug mode and another way in release mode. This is definitely not a problem with the Leadwerks code, but at this point I am just trying to find a random workaround to prevent it from happening.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 4 months later...

Yea I started working on the modeling portion of my project and decided to install Ubuntu alongside my native linux O/S to check if the editor ran any better. The model editor was completely broken on my native O/S. Having the issues described in this thread on Ubuntu.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

• 10 months later...

At this point in time I don't have any way to immediately debug this or figure out what is happening. The problem ONLY occurs in release mode, and I have tried everything I can think of.

• 5 months later...