obm characters

cassius

I am thinking of getting some obm character from arteria but would first like to know if they are hard to sort out with regard to body parts and textures. Anyone tried them yet and had issues?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

As I understand it, they include all possible parts packed into one model, and you are meant to hide the versions you don't want. Unfortunately, having 100 extra hidden entities for each character is not going to be very efficient, in Leadwerks, or in any other game engine. I could be wrong, but I remember one model that was like that a long time ago.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I bought both the male and female OBM recently. They come with lots of costumes and animations at a very reasonable price. But as Shadmar mentioned it is very tedious to get the model you want. As he stated you select the parts of the model you want and save them off.

I also had trouble importing them into Leadwerks http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10422-obm-models-into-leadwerks/page__hl__omb#entry77521

My lack of skill with modelling software probably didn't help matters. If you are confident with Blender etc then you should be ok.

I imported an infiltrator character but without the animations http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=306320572

• 2 months later...

I've got a slightly faster way

in the group list right click and hit select on the first to delete then holding down shift go through and repeat with a whole bunch. Then go to edit->delete to delete the faces. Then instead of individually deleting the groups right click on the Groups at the top and select prune to remove all groups without faces.

edit : same with the materials, once the faces/groups are gone do prune on the materials list to save a lot of clicking.

• Upvote 1

content over form, game play over all.