Evil Resident

Physic box vs polymesh problem

Good day everyone

Ok, I have this problem... I'm trying to animate a elevator using the sliding door script.

When I set the physic shap to box it works, the elevator goes up, but I can't go in (not surprising). When I set my physic shape to polymesh or using my shape file, the elevator dosen't do anything. Why is that ?

Any suggestions?

post-12907-0-25215000-1413731503_thumb.jpg

The easiest way is to place some brushes in the scene to make the shape you want, then parent them to the elevator and check the "Shape Hint" box on each brush, then hide them. The engine will use the brushes to build a physics shape for you when the map is loaded. You might want to save that object as a prefab so you can just reuse the same physics.

It might also be worth to mention that what you experience is 100% expected behavior for polymesh physics shapes. They are for static geometry only.

It might also be worth to mention that what you experience is 100% expected behavior for polymesh physics shapes. They are for static geometry only.

I will keep that in mind Thanks