Leadwerks OculusVR Test

Admin

If you have an Oculus Rift DK2 and want to try out a simple test with Leadwerks you can download it here:

REMOVED

The Rift configuration utility must have your display mode set to "Direct".

Press space to get rid of the warning. WASD moves, mouse looks left and right. Use your head to look up and down.

No optimizations to the camera class have been performed yet but it runs fast on my hardware.

Screenshots_screenshot8.jpg

• Upvote 2

Well it does...it's just that the mouse movement only moves left and right, and the up/down motion is disabled. Normally you look around with your head and only use the mouse when you have to go outside the range of rotation you can do sitting at your desk.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I was considering getting Oculus ...since it seems to be the new way to game now... will have to do it later since I cant get it now..

Glad you got it working in Leadwerks though ...awesome!

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Well Klepto did the initial implementation and I just added to that. It saved me a lot of time.

I posted a pretty serious bug on their forum here but it seems like posts just get pushed to the bottom and ignored:

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16993

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Might have to just email them directly with this issue ... support@oculusvr.com ...if no one responds to your posts...

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

All I want to do is integrate it into the API a bit better and make it so directional light shadows only get rendered once for both eyes. There will be some small glitches like occlusion culling not working 100% right in every possible situation, but it will be good enough to release as "beta support".

I turned off display mirroring and vsync and the speed is very fast now.