Linux usability improvment ideas

mspike

Hello,

I really like the framework, but in the editor (on Linux) I have a couple of things which drives me crazy :)

• Delete key does not trigger delete... so no hot key
  • SpinBox-es does not allow to use the mouse wheel, neither you can hold the up or down arrow, so I always have to write numbers if I want to change big in the amount.

Of course I'm running on an unsupported Fedora, with XFCE so if someone could confirm that the situation is the same on the Ubunut, that would give a big help... (for these things I'm ready to reinstall my system :P)

Opinions ? Other things you realized ? Thanks a lot for this great framework !

(Just pulled some objects from blender, crazy how well this works...)

• The ability to use the scroll wheel on scroll panes
  • the ability to make the 4 way split viewport turn into a single viewport
  • support for systems with non american numeric input

• Upvote 1

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

How about Ctrl+shift+z for redo? Ctrl+y is completely annoying, Microsoft-y, Ctrl+shift+z is fairly common (Adobe+Autodesk products, Blender, and GIMP as examples) and I definitely prefer that.

Click+drag doesn't seem to work for adding things to the flowgraph editor (this can be done through the scene menu, though). The scrollwheel also doesn't scroll in the asset browser.

EDIT: A more native file browser (with more native styling, is aware of system bookmarks) would be preferred. For a good example, look at GIMP's open/save file browser. Or Google Chrome's. AFAIK it's either some kind of system request (like it queries the default file browser for it) or it's a standard component that knows where to look for bookmarks.

I think the second one is possible, I think I did it already with one of the buttons... or do I misunderstand you ?

Is there a list of all shortcuts?

I was searching the website and couldn't find it.

According to one of the tutorials F12 switches between 4 way and single viewport but doesn't work on my system so I'm guessing its windows only right now.

Oh, yeah, maybe I have seen that on my windows machine, I will double check on my Fedora too.

Do you have a short cut for delete ? (I mean hotkey)

I think the second one is possible, I think I did it already with one of the buttons... or do I misunderstand you ?

The feature is windows only atm - Josh is blaming GTK+ for it not being there on linux :(

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Would love to see these features on Linux eventually, I am still waiting on a ATI fix its annoying to have to duel boot windows to compile C++ but at least I can run LUA on Linux.