Give us a Mac version!!!

Insert name here

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There should be a Mac instead of a Linux. Linux market is so small. I do not know anybody that uses Linux for gaming. Instead Mac I see thousands of people using iMacs or laptops all over from children to adults. Linux is used more on Servers or special embedded systems. Yes I know Android uses the kernel but that's other story.

Please Windows (XBox One?"With universal platform") and Mac is the way to go. Also Im waiting for the mobile as Leadwerks 3 supported iOS.

I hate when people say that they should focus on mac instead of Linux because they belive Linux market is small.

i mean just ubuntu has millions of users.

But you are right about mac have many users who are interested in programming and game development.

Ignore my silly nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There should be a Mac instead of a Linux. Linux market is so small. I do not know anybody that uses Linux for gaming. Instead Mac I see thousands of people using iMacs or laptops all over from children to adults. Linux is used more on Servers or special embedded systems. Yes I know Android uses the kernel but that's other story.

Please Windows (XBox One?"With universal platform") and Mac is the way to go. Also Im waiting for the mobile as Leadwerks 3 supported iOS.

I do and my kids as well and will not buy overpriced hardware because it's shiny.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

•  
    $200 reward

79 backers

PRO BACKER: Receive Leadwerks for Linux when it's released. This allows you to program games with C++ and Lua. You will also receive Leadwerks for Windows and Mac.

Estimated delivery: Dec 2013

- Where's it? Seriously

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is speculative at this point, but Mac support will probably come when the new UI comes. Cutting Cocoa out of the equation (expect for window creation) makes everything a lot simpler.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I talked about it a bit here. This is very tentative and could change:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/1/entry-1560-pieces-form-the-whole/

Early tests are working well, but there is much to do before this becomes usable, if I decide to go this route.

post-1-0-46748000-1444100987_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You did mention about a refresh of the UI after the release of 3.5, but it makes sense that you'd want it to have it wait if you plan on changing things over.

Can't wait to see where this goes, the updates have always been great.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

• 5 years later...
On 11/22/2014 at 11:49 AM, Insert name here said:

Either launch a kickstarter or make it yourselves

Beta of Ultra App Kit is being tested now.