ok just a random question

TheDrkMstr

Out of curiousity, I went through the XBox developer application process. Three weeks later, I got back a canned response:

So yeah, if it's this hard for me, there's no way XBox is going to be an option for someone who just wants to play their own game on their console, and the whole "we love indies" thing is total BS.

Hey Josh -

I would re apply and here is why - Every Xbox Retail Console is a dev kit. They have yet to activate this feature but from what I understand they will do so very soon for Indie Devs. It will be primarily be for Indie devs.

EuroGamer - Every retail Xbox Console is a dev kit.

They are also updating policies to be more inline with their competition (Nintendo and Sony)

That said - You are probably better off contacting Nintendo or Sony to get onto their systems for the moment.

Also do you intend on supporting Microsoft hololens? I know that it was announced just a few days ago. But from the looks of it. It could be the next App store so to speak.

And you can do it without Unity, with the Nintendo Web Framework.

This is for 2D games based on HTML5 , Impact or Construct 2, you don't any 3D engine to develop thoses 2D games.

To make 3D games is another story, and it would need lot of work to make it possible, and it would be a very poor choice to support a failure console instead of PS4 or Xbox One.

To me, it seems he will waste plenty of precious development time, if decide to walk consoles while current system still require some polishing and tuning up. Chances are, he will lose momentum he has with current system. I think, not yet.

I agree with that.

The first year, LE3 was supporting mobile , and it only slowed down general progress of the engine, and after two years CSG tools, decals or vegetation are still not here (but should come next), so asking another platform will only result in same big slowdown again of the engine progress , until some more people would be hired to work on that.

PC and Steam is the biggest market, let's stay focused on it.

• Upvote 4

Stop toying and make games

To me, it seems he will waste plenty of precious development time, if decide to walk consoles while current system still require some polishing and tuning up. Chances are, he will lose momentum he has with current system. I think, not yet.

I agree with Naughty Alien...Engine still needs work, before adding console support....